Chapter 4

POV: Percy

"You don't think I would let you get away that easily" a voice said out of the bloom. I turned around and saw golden eyes, the man covered his face with a mask so I could see anything else. Even though his face was covered I could tell he was smirking. I quickly turned and pushed Nico into the shadows before the man snapped his fingers and the portal closed. I turned to face the golden eye man.

"Who are you?" I demanded to know. The man just shook his head and then took off his mask.

"I am Kronos, bow before me grandchild!" he commanded with force, and I couldn't help it my knees gave in and I was on the ground bowing. I gritted my teeth.

POV: Nico

I was pushed into the portal of blackness. I was surprised to find I didn't bump into anything. I exited to find a man sobbing to a lady's shoulder. The lady was wearing white clothing and the man was wearing black. The man looked up to me, when the lady tapped him and my eyes met his dark brown ones. His hair was a mess and pulled into a pony tail.

"Dad?" I asked "It's um Nico" I was a very uncomfortable at this point. The lady glared at me with her harsh black ones and she flicked her black hair and stormed out of the room. Weird, how could she hate me so quickly.

The man looked at me and he smiled for once, although I could tell he was still upset.

"Yes, Nico I am your father. But what happened to your brother?" I took a step back, I felt the betrayal and the pain. Then I remembered that Percy told me to bow to all the gods, I bowed before saying

"My brother stayed behind in Kansas to save me, please help him." I choked out trying to not sound weak to the god, even if he was my father. The man took one look at me and my state before nodding, he took my hand and lead me to a huge room.

The room was decorated by skulls and such but I like it. I guess as a son of Hades the dead are more of a comfort than the living, the exception is my family of course.

POV: Hades

I led Nico to his room, before I shadow-travelled to Kansas. I sensed him here but I didn't know where to go. What caught my eye was the flash of gold, I rushed towards it and found it was a watch. Darn, then I heard a voice ring out.

"I am Kronos, you will bow to me grandchild" Even though I wasn't there I could hear the power behind it. I shadow-traveled behind my father. I was prepared to kick him in the head but he turned and sent me flying. The last thing I saw was twelve lights flash in before I passed into the darkness.

I woke jumping up and searching around for my son.

"Yo, Uncle Hades I know you are worried about Percy but he is fine. Calm down." Apollo exclaimed "Take it easy you aren't exactly in the best of health right now either." I gave him one of my famous glares and he shrunk back, I smirked. "Not funny" he muttered obviously still cautious. I smirk turn into a grin. Zeus and the rest of the Olympians, came to see what all the ruckus was about before, they spotted me awake. My two brothers stretched out their hands. I took it and they helped me up.

"Where is the boy?" I asked or more so demanded to know

"Lower your voice brother you might scare him, he is right here." Poseidon, trying to keep his voice down, said. We were all in human form, except me now. Percy came out from behind Poseidon and he jumped on me.

"My boy, I am so glad you found my son but next time please don't do that you nearly gave me a heart attack." I scolded and he looked down in shame. All the Olympians where looking at me curiously, no doubt because I have never truthfully cared about anything. Percy looked at everyone like they had lost their minds. Poor boy, he has only known the caring me never the grumpy one. Poseidon looked at my arms around Percy and his expression turn to one with total fury. I flinched back and Percy noticed this and hung onto me tighter. Zeus' face was calm although I knew better, he eyes were a wild electric blue, and he motioned to go to Olympus and the Olympians flashed away. I shadow-travelled there, with Percy of course. One because I despise flashing and two I just don't want to. Percy held my hand the entire time, like I was about to leave him forever, and that just made me hold on tighter. I was determined to keep him as my son, no way was Zeus going to tell me otherwise, I would go to war for my son if needed.