Chapter 7

POV: Percy

I couldn't believe my ears. Did my father actually say that my grandfather was rising? No, this couldn't be.

"Dad, please say that this isn't actually happening. This is a joke right?" I asked. My dad shook his head and sighed. I knew what he was saying was the truth, but I refused to believe this. It can't be happening. Why couldn't Kronos just wait a few hundred years to rise?

I shrugged it off and put on a brave face. I was determined to find my father's helm of darkness, and my uncle's lightning bolt. I had already chosen. I was going on the quest with my brother, Nico. I didn't know anyone else so my daddy suggested going to camp half-blood.

I quickly agreed because I wanted to retrieve the items as quickly as possible. I hoped to retrieve the items before the summer solstice, that was about in sixteen days. It was settled, I was going to camp half-blood for a few days then I would hurry to find the items in the remaining days. Nico was coming along with me and Uncle Zeus had a cabin built for my father... my daddy, Hades, is a Olympian after all.

The only question was who was going to claim me. I was sure my daddy was going to but I didn't want Poseidon to. It would confuse the campers.

I voiced it out loud to daddy and he just chuckled

"Percy you do know that you are now called Prince of Olympus... along with Prince of the sky, sea, and underworld. Everyone knows who you are. They all know you are the only Adopted Son of Hades." He snickered as if I was missing something.

"Oh, well that clears everything up. Which cabin am I going to stay in then?" I asked daddy.

"You can stay in any cabin you want." Daddy frowned

"I want to stay in your cabin of course, daddy" I assured him and he grinned.

"You know me well "He commented

"I did live with you for a while so... I guess I should know you well" I stated the obvious

"Sometimes I really wonder if you are actually related to old Barnacle Beard, you are way too smart to be." He observed

"Thanks daddy, I am not related to him. I am related to you and you alone. So of course I am smart." I rolled my eyes.

Daddy just shrugged and flashed both Nico and I to Camp Half-Blood. We appeared right before the arch and a few campers appeared. They gasped in terror and bowed low to the ground before sinking into the shadows. I saw them run into camp without a second glance. I knew they were scared so I did something to embarrass them.

The shadows created a solid wall and they ran into the wall head first. I laughed out loud, when they groaned and clutched their heads. I heard daddy chuckle, Nico however was on the ground full blown laughing.

I grabbed Nico off the ground and I walked into camp. I looked back and daddy was staring at us. He had this sad look on his face so I walked back and gave him a tight hug.

"Bye, daddy" I whispered, I tightened the hug and he grunted.

"Not so tight son." He grunted and I laughed and pulled back.

"Daddy, I am going to miss you. I promise to IM you everyday though." I promised

"I will miss you too, son, Percy you better IM me or else the shadows will find you and bring you to me. Then I promise NOONE will be able to save you from my wraith." He sternly said

I gulped and took a step back.

An unknown shape flew passed me and hugged daddy. I looked closer and Nico was hugging daddy. Nico was crying and sobbing, daddy was trying to reassure him but it didn't seem to be working.