chapter fifteen

Korra had been spending a lot of her time at her boyfriend's apartment, which was a bit of a relief to Iris, as she wasn't ready to encounter her yet. Especially not after the run-in that they had the other night.

Iris pushed everything that had happened that night to the back of her mind, ignoring it in the manner that she usually did.

She spent the weekend cooped up in her apartment, studying for upcoming tests and rewatching old Pixar movies. It was one of those weekends where Iris did not want to be perceived by anybody or anything. Her anxiety had gotten the better of her, and it wasn't until the following Monday that she stepped out of her apartment.

Iris was in her first class when she received a notification on her phone.

CRAZYBITCHFROMGYM

We have our first biology test tomorrow, but you haven't tutored me once. You're not keeping up with your end of the deal.

Iris instantly responded,

You're the one that wants to get tutoring from me, but have not reached out about it

CRAZYBITCHFROMGYM

What do you think this is?

Iris sighed deeply. She noticed she sighed more frequently whenever she was interacting with Adi. For a moment, Iris just stared at the text from Adi on her phone, not sure how to respond.

The Professor was talking in the background, but Iris had since lost interest in what she was saying.

CRAZYBITCHFROMGYM

Library? 9pm

Iris sighed once again before responding to Adi, agreeing to meet her there.

They had a Biology test the following day, and truth be told Iris had not done as much studying as she should've. Iris figured that tutoring Adi would be a good way for her to do some revision before their test the next day.

The day seemed to get dimmer, and Iris forced herself to pay attention to her lectures and what was going on around her. She was completely out of it, and couldn't concentrate on anything in front of her.

It wasn't till 9pm that night Iris made her way to the study room in the library Adi had reserved earlier on in the day.

CRAZYBITCHFROMGYM

Where are you?

Iris responded with a quick 'omw', before making her way through the maze of bookshelves. She couldn't for the life of her understand how anyone could have a sense of direction in a room filled with bookshelves. This was probably why Iris didn't study in the library much, navigating through the shelves took a strain on her mind, and her already bad sense of direction.

Ten minutes later, Iris finally located the room Adi had booked for their study session.

"You're late."

"Always a pleasure to see you too, your majesty."

Adi raised a brow at Iris, who ignored it, taking the free seat opposite from her instead.

"I got lost."

"What do you mean you got lost?"

"Bookshelves confuse me. It's like a maze, and I just can't figure it out."

Adi cocked her head to the side slightly.

"Why didn't you just follow the signs to the study rooms?"