chapter thirty

Iris was in Adi's apartment once again. This time, sober and in a sane state of mind. She took in the artwork that Adi had scattered on the walls of her small living room. The pictures and paintings all seemed to fall together.

"Did you make these yourself?" Iris asked, turning slightly to look at Adi who was leaning against the kitchen counter as Iris inspected her apartment.

"Nope, I bought or commissioned most of them. Honestly, I don't think I have an artistic bone in my body," Adi responded, a small smile tugging at her lips.

"You know art is a lot more than being able to paint or draw or whatever," Iris responded, walking towards where the red-haired girl was standing.

"Is that so?" Adi's brown eyes glinted with a teasing edge to them, "do you think I'm artistic?"

"Well, the way you color and wear your hair is pretty artistic I would say. Also, your tattoos are fucking cool so I would say they are artistic as well."

A wide small crossed over Adi's face, causing Iris to roll her eyes.

"Are you going to keep fishing for compliments or are we going to watch this 'Megamind' movie you speak so highly of?" Iris asked, putting her fingers up in air quotes.

It was Adi's turn to roll her eyes, but the smile was still apparent on her face.

"Come on then."

Iris followed Adi, as the red-haired girl led her into her bedroom. She explained to Iris that she preferred to have her television in her bedroom rather than in the living room of her apartment(even though she lived alone) because she liked watching TV in bed.

Iris nodded and as Adi began getting the movie ready she inspected the room once again. It was her second time being in Adi's bedroom, and she found herself thinking of just how much Adi's room was representative of her.

Iris could see the red-haired girl's personality scattered all over the room, right down to the comfort and safety that Adi seemed to radiate. There were a couple of weights situated in the corner of the room and Iris smiled remembering her first-ever encounter with Adi at the gym.

"All right, just get settled down here, and I will be back shortly."

"Yes ma'am," Iris teased settling into the heap of blankets that Adi had set at the foot of her bed. It was comfortable and warm and smelt just like Adi. Iris found herself shutting her eyes, and inhaling the scent deeply.

A few moments later, Adi returned with a bowl of popcorn and other snacks in her hand before settling down next to Iris.

"Are you excited?" Adi asked, a huge grin on her face.

"For what?" Iris couldn't help but return the grin that Adi was giving her. It was contagious, to say the least.

"Megamind," Adi said like it was the most obvious thing, "this is one of the greatest movies of all time. An absolute masterpiece."

"An absolute masterpiece? No way you just used that word to describe an animated movie about a blue dude with a big head."

"He's more than just a blue dude with a big head," Adi said, sighing, "he's so much more than that."

Iris giggled slightly, watching the expression on Adi's face.

"I'm sorry, do the two of you have a thing going on? Would you like for me to leave? Give you some private space?"

"Shut up, Iris," Adi said, she had the goofiest grin Iris had ever seen plastered across her face, "can we please just watch the movie?"

"Fine fine, of course," Iris said, raising her hands in defeat as Adi pressed play on the TV remote.