Chapter 9

TW's: mentions of CPS/law enforcement officers and the foster/adoption system, brief mention of hospitals/psych ward

It was morning when the rest of the Todoroki kids showed up with a CPS worker and your favorite detective (newly established title), Tsukauchi. They were all very antsy, especially the little girl, Fuyumi.

You had only recently woken up, none of the other kids had woke up yet.

You know that Touya had stayed awake really late, and fell asleep at around the same time you would've as a 13 year old. So he would probably be asleep for until noon.

But, you welcomed the kids in, all of them carrying a small bag of belongings (thankfully), and the CPS worker and Tsukauchi walked in as well.

You crouched down in front of all of the kids to explain a few things.

"Hi, I'm l/n y/n, you can call me y/n or really whatever you want. I have two sons in that room right there," you pointed to the heavily decorated doorway, enclosing your sons into the room.

"And your brother is in that room next to it. He's asleep right now, and he didn't go to sleep until really late last night, so try and be quiet, okay?" You finished, and all of the kids nodded, seeming dazed at the way you spoke to and treated them.

"Alright, I have to have some grown-up talk with these people, I'll make you guys breakfast and help you get settled right after, promise." You said, giving a small smile and standing up.

All of the kids walked over to your guest room, opening the door and closing it at a volume no child should be able to maintain.

You turned around, facing the two law enforcement officers in your kitchen.

"We have a solid case against Endeavor, but I know that he's going to have a damn good lawyer so I'll be taking the rest of the kids' testimony, with you as their representative. I'll just call you to tell you when." He said, speaking to you in a casual way that you supposed the CPS worker wasn't expecting, as he faltered before speaking.

"The kids will be in your care, we've already handled all of the paperwork for you to be their long-term foster parent. This is all of the information on their education and health, homeschooling for the oldest and youngest, private school for the middle two, with private and sealed medical records." He said, handing over four relatively thin files.

"We've already contacted their school and have had their records sent over to the school that Tenko and Hitoshi go to, as well as the Junior High school you work at, so that all of them can go to school while in your care." He finished, and you nodded and smiled.

"Well, it's early, we'll be getting out of your hair." Tsukauchi said, heading to your door with a small smile on his face. You gave a smile back and nodded your head.

You headed straight to the guest room, opening the door and seeing all of the (conscious) kids immediately tense up and look to the door.

"Hey kids, how about you introduce yourselves to me?" You offered.

Even though you know their actual names already, you want them to introduce themselves to make themselves more comfortable with you and begin a conversation.

"I'm Natsuo." The older boy said, having a striking similarity in appearance to Touya, though he has gray eyes rather than the bright blue that Touya has.

You smiled at Natsuo and nodded in acknowledgement, turning your head to the little girl next to him.

"I'm Fuyumi, it's nice to meet you." She said, bowing politely. It made you chuckle a bit, and she looked confused when she got back up.