𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚. not alone

"GO YUJI THAT'S MY SON!"

Megumi could only cringe at the loud voice of his teacher who even brought props with him and acting like a dad you would disown in public. It was embarrassing, and truth be told he hated it here, it was too loud for him, but then as a friend and classmate to support Yuji, and also because Y/N wanted all of them to be present here today, he decided to stay.

"ITADORI YOU IDIOT! RUN FASTER!" Nobara yelled as Yuji lagged behind for a moment, the girl already let out some curses in her seat.

"Yuji you're almost there! You can do it!" Y/N also cheered for the pink-haired boy. Megumi only observed Gojo who was so focused at waving his props and Y/N beside him that was also yelling some words of encouragement from time to time, and then Nobara who never failed to have her built-in microphone on, due to how loud her voice was, as always. From this point of view, they all looked like a complete happy family, something that he subconsciously longed for.

'Family?'

A few moments later the crowd roared as finally a winner has emerged. Megumi watched how Gojo jumped in joy and how Y/N ran downstairs and ran towards Yuji. Nobara and him followed behind of course.

"I did it! I did it!" Yuji's smile was as bright as the sun, Y/N couldn't help but hug him tight then thanked the coach as well for taking care of Yuji.

"Itadori, congrats"

"Congratulations Yuji!" Gojo said and punched him jokingly on his shoulder.

"You won! I knew you could do it! I'm so proud of you!" Y/N said.

'Proud...I wonder what does it feel to receive those words'

"This calls for a celebration! Lunch is on me!" Gojo exclaimed to which they all cheered in excitement.

"Let's take a picture come on!" Y/N said and dragged them all to fit in the frame.

"Megumi, smile!" she said and put an arm around his shoulders. After the awarding ceremony and more picture taking, Nobara and Yuji wouldn't shut up on which restaurant will they go to.

"Hey Megumi, are you okay?" Y/N checked up on him as he was just scrolling through his phone once again.

"Yes Y/N-san don't worry about me" he replied.

"Eat lots later okay? You gotta take advantage of Satoru spoiling everyone" she said and smiled. Megumi only nodded and put his phone back in his pocket and trailed behind the two.

"TONS OF ICE CREAM!" Yuji yelled.

"NO! CAKE!" Nobara countered.

"I'm the winner, I get to decide!"

"Damn it!"

Y/N could only stare at them, especially Megumi with concern.

━━━━━━━━━━━

True to her words, Y/N helped Megumi with his assignments later that night and he was thankful for her help.

"Satoru, how's Megumi's performance in school?" Y/N asked, while her eyes still focused on the plates she's washing. Everyone was already inside their rooms and only Y/N and Gojo are in the first floor.

"Hmm" Gojo put his hand on his chin as if he's thinking. "Now that you mention it, he's quite getting low scores in his quizzes these past few days"

"You're his teacher, why didn't you help him?!" Y/N exclaimed as she put the last plate on the dishrack and dried her hands on a towel.

"If I do, then wouldn't it be unfair to the other students? It would be favoritism!" Y/N didn't respond immediately, then sighed.

"Damn, you've got a point, but I'm worried, he's...he doesn't seem to enjoy things"