Part 2

I walked out my office building to be met with a bunch of journalists. Cameras were flashing from everywhere. 

"How does it feel to lose your ranking?" One says. 

I would usually reply to these type of questions but since I have a meeting with him tomorrow I can't risk it. Especially since I don't know the offer. So I walked past into my car. 

_______________________

The next morning

I got up did my usual routine and went to the office. 

I called my mom and let her know to be here with dad at 12:30 and she did. The only good things about my parents is that they are on time. 

"I have a meeting with Adams Enterprises and for some strange reason they want you both there." I started. 

"Why is it strange? We're are your parents" My dad said, I could tell he was slightly annoyed at my statement. 

"Whatever, just please don't get involved. I will decide if I want the offer or not." I didn't care if I sounded rude. I got this business because of ME, no one else. Before he could answer and we would argue, I excused myself and went outside. 

I was talking to an employee when my PA let me know they are in my office. 

I went into my office and saw 2 men sitting there. They got up once they saw me. A slightly old man approached me. 

"I'm Elijah Adams, father of Lorenzo Adams" he said with a smile and shook my hand. 

"Phoenix" I replied, he moved aside and I saw a tall muscular man standing in front of me with a slight grin. His hair was perfectly in place and he wore a black Armani suit which fitted him perfectly. He had a slight beard and green piercing eyes. 

He approached me and reached out his hand for me to shake, and I did. His smell intoxicating me. 

"Lorenzo Adams, nice to meet you Phoenix" He said and I nodded and sat down and so did they. 

"So, Mr Adams what offer do you have to propose" I said. 

"As you probably know by now, I beat your business. I also know it was due to your employee stealing from you. However, I would like us to join our businesses." 

"Why's that?" I questioned. 

"Because we both need each other. Our businesses together would shake the country." He answered. 

"Ok, I don't see anything wrong with it. Why did you want my parents here to discuss this?" I asked.

"Not only do I want us to join businesses, but I also want us to get married." He said shocking me. 

Is he really proposing to me right now? Is he out of his mind, I don't know him. My mind was all over the place. I composed myself and was about to answer when my dad decided to open his mouth, which I told him clearly not to. 

"Of course she would. It's an amazing offer." My dad said making me look up at him and give him a glare.

"The marriage is for business purposes only. It would make us stronger." Mr Adams said. 

"I would like to speak to Mr Lorenzo Adams alone." I said making everyone get up and go outside. 

When they all left I got up from behind my desk and sat on the edge of my desk nearer to where he was sitting. 

"I'll marry you, but I have some conditions" I said. 

"And those are?" He questioned. 

"I want you to be tested for STD's." I replied. 

"Are you mad?" He said visibly frustrated. 

"I know you're quite a playboy, you sleeping with new girls every day. You never even check if they could potentially have something, I can't risk it." I said making him scoff and he got up to stand in front of me. I had to tilt my head slightly since he was too tall. 

"Are you insinuating that we will sleep together?" He said with a smirk making me roll my eyes. 

I ignored what he said and continued with my conditions. 

"You also can't go around messing with other girls. My reputation is clean, you better not stain it." I continued. 

"Ok, but you'll have to fulfil my needs." He said with a smirk. 

"Stop dreaming." I replied. 

"Since you have a condition, I want one too." He started. 

"I want you to get tested to make sure you can have children." He continued completely shocking me. 

"What!?" 

"I know you were married before and had a miscarriage for reasons I don't know. So, I want you to get tested." He said. 

He didn't know I had a miscarriage because my husband beat me not knowing I was pregnant. In fact, I didn't tell anyone. I tried to control my tears and replied. 

"Ok." I said quieter then I thought. 

"I'll be coming with you when you get tested. Who knows you might change the results." I said trying to change the topic to him.

"Ok, so will I." He said. He then excused himself to get the contract for us to sign. When he got the papers we signed them with our parents in the room. 

I cant believe I did. I never thought I'd marry again, and now I'm marrying a stranger. I guess I can only hope the same thing doesn't happen. 

"I got our test appointments for tomorrow." Mr Adams said and I nodded. 

"What tests?" My mom asked. 

"Nothing, it's confidential." I replied making my mom frustrated. She thinks she can get involved in everything, honestly. 

They got up ready to leave.

"Nice doing business with you"