Part 5

I woke up the next day with Lorenzo not next me. I was glad he wasn't, at least I could get ready in peace.

Before I could enjoy the peace and comfort any longer he exited the bathroom in his black suit trousers but no shirt.

He looked at me, acknowledging that I was awake then went into the open door closet and grabbed a shirt.

He started putting the shirt on when he spoke. "I'm going to work, I'll be back late." He said and I nodded.

I got up and went into the bathroom to take a shower. Once I was done I wrapped a towel around me and went into the closet attached and got changed.
I wore a brown crop top with black jeans. I knew I was going to be home so simply combed my hair and put on some simple makeup.

Might be home but I'd rather look slightly presentable, even if it is for myself.

I went into the kitchen and saw a slightly old lady cooking.
"Good Morning" I said to gain her attention.
"Good Morning ma'am, breakfast is almost ready" she said and I nodded and sat down on the stool behind the counter.

"What's your name?" I asked her. If I was going to stay here I might as well get to know people.

"Anna." She replied with a smile. "How long have you worked here Anna?"

"I've worked for this family since Enzo was born."
Enzo? I didn't know he'd be close enough with anyone to let them have a nickname for him.
She continued speaking which brought me out of my thoughts.

"He sees me as a mother figure. Expecially..." she started saying then stopped.

"Especially?" I asked her. "Especially when his mother passed away." She continued.

"How did she pass away?"

"I'm sorry, you should ask him that yourself." She said and I nodded In understanding.

We had a conversation for a while until I finished breakfast. I realised she's a really kind lady. I mean Lorenzo likes no one so their must be something special about her.

I don't know if I should ask Lorenzo about his mother. Maybe I shouldn't, we barely know each other. I wouldn't want him getting upset already.

Wait why do I care?

I've never cared If I upset anyone...

I guess parental matters are sensitive. I mean mine are shitty and think they are entitled to me and everything I own, when I did everything myself.

Maybe I shouldn't have taken a day off work, I'm going crazy doing nothing. This is why I've always preferred keeping myself busy.

I decided to do some work on my laptop since I can't go to work now after everyone knows I'm married. We need to make people believed in this marriage.

I started doing my work when I got a call from Andrew, one of my employees as well as an old friend.

I don't usually keep guy friends since they might get the wrong meaning of our friendship. The good thing about Andrew is that he's gay.

I picked it up and instantly hear his worried voice. "You're husband...I mean ex husband, Callum is here."

A bunch of nasty flashbacks and thoughts started swimming in my mind. I didn't realise how my hands started to shake.

I didn't understand why he was here. I thought he left the country.

I managed to regain my awareness after I heard Andrews voice from the otherr side of the phone.

"Phoenix?"

"What does he want?" I ask. "He wants to see you." He replied.

"Tell him I'm not available and will never be for him. Don't let him into the building again" I said rather loudly and hung up.

I got up to go into my room when I saw Anne standing near the door. I ignored her and went upstairs.

I went into the bathroom and started washing my face with cold water to stop the terrible flashbacks. But they wouldn't stop.

What did he want?

Why was he back?