Part 12

We both went downstairs to be welcome by a whole bunch of people.

Girls were practically throwing themselves at Lorenzo to which he simply ignored.

It didn't usually affect me but it did now.

I don't know why.

We were greeting a few people when someone caught my eye.

Is it?

It can't be.

I grabbed Lorenzo's arms tightly and he looked at me confused.

He exused himself from whoever he was speaking to and turned to me.

"What's wrong?" He asked covering me from everyone.

"He-" I was about to continued but stopped.

It's best if he doesn't know.

"Nothing, I just got overwhelmed by all the people." I lied.

"A business woman getting overwhelmed by people?" He questioned but I simply nodded.

He was about to move away and release my hand from him arm but I stopped him.

He turned and gave me questioned look.

"Can you stay near me and...umm...hold my hand?" I asked embarrassed to which he chuckled.

He held my hand as we met the rest of the people.

Half the day had gone past and it was time to dance when HE came up to us.

"Mr and Mrs Adams" He said with a smile.

I didn't know what to do, I was terrified.

All the bad flashbacks came back.

"Mr Williams thank you for coming." Lorenzo replied coldly as always.

How did he know him?

"May I take this dance with Mrs Adams?" HE asked making my eyes widen.

"Of cour-" Elijah was about to say but I spoke up. "I'd rather dance with my husband."

I hoped no one would force me but lorenzos father was keen in making me dance with him.

"Phoenix, Callum is a nice guy. You should dance with him" Elijah said making me look up at Lorenzo in a pleading look.

Lorenzo leaned in and whispered in my ear "any reason not to dance with him."

I couldn't tell him.

I don't have him to know.

I didn't reply so he took my answer as a 'no.'

I had no choice but to dance with my bigget fear, Callum.

He took my hand which sent shivers down me. Not the good shivers.

We made our way to the dance floor as he placed a hand on my waist and one in hand with mine.

He was cautious with his hand placement, he was probably afraid of Lorenzos reaction. But he knew I wouldn't tell.

I hate it when he's right.

"Long time no see, Phoenix" He said, I was on the brink of tears already as I looked down not making eye contact.

"Even more rich now I see. More stuck up. What can you even look at me? I'm not even worth you dancing with? You bitch" He scoffed, whispering the last part. His grip on my hand and waist tightened.

"Leave me alone." I said barely audibly looking down.

"Why? Remember I told you, you will always be mine. How dare you marry him. You're only mine, my slut." He said.

His grip was getting too tight to handle.

I couldn't take his words.

I pushed him and ran off. I ran into a random corner where no one was.

I was trying to control my breathing, but nothing was working since I knew he was in the same building as me.

I was breathing heavily when Lorenzo came towards me.

He instantly became worried as he tried making me calm down. He was patting my back but nothing was working.

All the old memories kept flashing in my memory.

He beat me so much I still have to hide some bruises. He's harmed me so much, no one can ever erase it.

Before I knew it hands wrapped around me pulling me into a tight hug. It was Lorenzo, I could tell my his smell.

It calmed me

We stood there for a while as I calmed down. My breathing became normal.

Before I knew it half the people had already gone.

Lorenzo held my hand tightly as he went to his dad.

"Kick everyone out now. Parties over." He said and before Elijah could reply he held my hand and took me upstairs.

Once we entered the room he sat me down on the bed.

"Now tell me without lying...

What happened."