Part 13

"What happened. Not lying Phoenix."

"It's nothing." I replied.

"Phoenix, enough. The truth, right now!!" He said a little louder and harshly.

I knew I couldn't get out of it this time.

"My ex husband was here." I said looking down whilst fiddling with my hands.

"What did he do to you? Why are you so scared of him?"

I paused for a moment and then spoke.

"He abused me, physically and mentally." I said not wanting to tell him the rest.

I looked up at him to see his eyes dark with anger. I've never seen him so angry, I was almost afraid.

"Name?"

"C-Callum Williams." I replied.

Before I could say anything else, Lorenzo ran out the room. I could hear him yelling 'Callum' but he was probably long gone.

He came back in after a while, he was fuming.

"Why didn't you tell me?! What if he hurt you again?" He said loudly.

"I was afraid." I replied honestly in a low voice.

"You should have told me. Don't you trust me?"

"I do. But I didn't know he'd come back."

It's true, I do trust him. Or else I would have NEVER told him, no matter what happened.

"Phoenix, Phoenix" He started walking around the room trying to control his anger.

"What!? You're the one who FORCED ME to dance with him.!?" I snapped angrily.

"Maybe if you told me, he wouldn't be breathing right now!!" He shouted back.

"Maybe you should have just listened to what I wanted!" I shouted back.

"Again, I could have helped you if you COMMUNICATED with me. I asked you plenty of time." He replied.

"Well maybe I'm not used to people helping me. My own parent didn't help me, why or HOW could I expect you to help?" I broke down.

I couldn't take it anymore.

I know he's right in a way, I should have told him. But I was too scared.

I'm used to doing everything independently .

I'm not used to telling people my problems and worries. I don't like burdening people. I don't find it necessary.

I fell to knees, leaning on the bed, as I started crying with my head in my hands.

Lorenzo instantly came beside me wrapping his arm around me.

He was trying to comfort me but he wasn't used to it.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, his words seemed unfamiliar to him as it did to me.

I looked up at him with my teary eyes and wrapped my arms around his waist with my head in his chest, as I cried and cried.

We stayed like this for a while and he didn't seem annoyed that I burdened him with my problems.

Neither did he blame me for getting abused.

He was here for me, only me.

I'd make sure to be there for him now too.

This made me realise how I've started to like him.