18

Bad news

Bad news. Maisy wasn't looking forward to breaking this kind of news to Coach Taylor but she knew she couldn't hold it off.

"Uh coach, could we talk for a minute?" Maisy asked, nervously, as she looked around. Coach Taylor had picked up on her finicky behavior. It was Monday morning, normally nothing happened over the weekend. At least nothing worthy of taking to Coach Taylor about it.

"Come. Take a seat"

"Look, I've been getting some comments, uh, complaints if you will. From some of the team members."

"Complaints? Some?"

"Yeah, some. A certain group of players, let's just say, are fed up with Coach Mac's comment and his what they deem a fake apology. They voiced to me they were going to walk-"

"Walk? Walk?" Coach Taylor asked all outraged.

"I'm just repeating what I was told" Maisy explained.

"You're right. Sorry. Can you do me a favor? Can you bring this folder to the gym teacher? It's a list of the powderpuff practice times" Coach Taylor asked as he rubbed his temples.

"Uh, yeah. No problem" Maisy said grabbing the folder. She walked out of the locker and down the hall to the gym.

"Okay, let's pick teams for the powder puff. Saracen, you have first pick" the gym teacher announced as Maisy softly stepped in.

"Okay, I uh, pick Tyra, please" Matt hesitated. Tyra, unenthusiastically got off the bench walking over to Saracen's side.

"All right Tyra" the gym teacher cheered, getting everyone to clap.

"Okay, Tim?" the gym teacher instructed.

"Does anyone know how to chop block?" Tim asked all serious, not one girl spoke out or raised their hands. They all exchanged looks with each other trying to figure out what it was.

"A chop block Tim Riggins, is illegal in the game of football, making it illegal in the powderpuff game" Maisy spoke out, a tinge of saltiness in her voice as she walked up closer to the group with the paperwork from Coach Taylor. "I think Landry the referee would agree"

"She's right, Riggins. We aren't allowed-" Landry explained but Tim ignored him.

"Maisy" Riggins announced pointing to her.

"No, I'm not participating in the game" Maisy insisted. Tim, however, wasn't taking no for an answer. He walked over, pulling Maisy with his strong calloused hand, bringing her back to where he was originally standing. Maisy wanted to bicker with Tim but not in front of everyone else.