[Chapter 12]

The Other World

∆∆∆

The cold breeze of my surrounding woke me up, as I almost forgot where I am.

I stretched my back when I felt my body sore, then I observed the place I'm currently at. It's dim, the only source of light in this room is from the huge windows. The moonlight is illuminating my surrounding, just enough to see things.

We had a research last day, I think I fell asleep in the library in the process of doing it. Lately I've been staying in the library.

I sighed to myself and held my wrist to look at the time. 3:47 AM, just right for some ghost hunting.

Niligpit ko ang mga gamit ko. It's passed curfew, but I don't think someone's on duty at this time to roam around the academy. I should get back to my dorm.

Right, I don't have a key to open the gigantic door of this library, but I could always teleport my way back.

I teleported away from the library. For some reason, myself didn't bring me in my dorm. I ended up in the academy's garden, where I first stayed when I got here.

I miss my world. The smell of this garden reminds me of after rains. I feel like I've been busy too much that I've only realized about the small things I had in Earth. I wish I appreciated them more.

"You know you can't hide your presence, right?" I muttered enough for him to hear. Nilingon ko siya 'tsaka siya lumapit. "Have you thought about the deal?"

"Yeah. I'll tell you your past if you show me first the other world." Europe replied as he stood next to me. He's standing feet away from me, it's not like he's allowed to be closer to someone or he'll freeze them to death.

But wait, how do I show him the other world?

Hindi ko muna siya sinagot dahil nagiisip pa ako.

Should I try what Marin did the time I got here? I wonder if it will work, because I'm in a different world.

"Follow me." I commanded and lead the way. I'm not even sure if this will work. Baka mapahiya ako kung hindi.

Europe silently followed me. I tried to read his mind and all I could hear is just about removing the curse he has. No any thoughts about my past, or maybe something's just restricting me to know it.

We ended up infront of a staircase. It's located in the oldest wing of the academy, and there are no lights since it's past curfew. The only light we have is from the outside.

I grabbed Europe's wrist, since this is what Marin did last time. She held my wrist and made sure I'm counting with her.

"H... hey, what are you doing?" Europe stuttered.

I glared at him, "if you want to go on the other world, don't complain."

"But I'm cold, you can't hold my wrist for too long." He exclaimed.

"I can keep myself warm, see?" I nonchalantly said and made him feel the warmth I'm producing. Luckily I could control the fire element and its nature.

"Heat's making me weak."

"So? I'm not gonna let myself freeze to death."

"Ha, you really care only to yourself."

There's no sense on answering him, so I just told him that he should count our steps. I'll be the one who would count out loud.

Nagsimula na kami humakbang paakyat. Nagbilang din ako ng malakas, siya naman ay hindi na nagtanong kung para saan ba 'tong ginagawa namin.

"Fourteen." I stated as it's our last step. "We gotta go back down and count again."