33: signs.

Please ignore all typos and errors. This book has not been edited yet.

*****
Before you start reading, please go and follow me on Instagram 👇👇
@diary_of_faeezah
(link is in my bio)

Enjoy💕💕
**

Noor's pov

"What interested you in cooking?"Husna asked playing with her mug of coffee.

It was the next day and Husna and I are in the kitchen cooking dinner. She was sitting down on the counter stool while I cooked even though she insisted on helping but I refused.

"I have always been fascinated by cooking. I used to watch Mama cook as a kid and growing up I watched a lot of cooking videos" I said smiling.

"Wow. My situation is embarrassing I swear. I can only ncook edible food not delicious gfood" she said with a laugh.

"Zayn is lucky to have you. He has a big appetite" she said again plastering a fake smile. I could tell she was trying to make things less awkward when we are talking about Zayn. She was trying to show that she has moved on.

"Yeah....he loves my cooking" I replied with a laugh. "So....have you found anyone yet?" I asked trying to lighten up the atmosphere.

"What?" she asked puzzled."Like a boyfriend or someone you like?" I said flatly. She shifted uncomfortably in her seat.was that too personal?

"Sorry. You don't have to tell me I get it" I said quickly. I could hear her sigh as I went to the fridge to grab some cream cheese.

"No no, it's okay. I don't mind" she said with a fake smile. I wasn't going to ask her any more questions knowing she's going to be uncomfortable.

"Actually I'm still searching" she said with a little laugh. "It's hard finding a person who truly loves you nowadays" she continued. "True" I agreed.

"Anyways dinner is ready" I announced. "Thank goodness I'm starving" she replied with excitement written all over her face.

I served us dinner and we talked a lot. I got to know Husna more. I got to know that she studied law in college and is working at a law firm not very far from here.

We stayed up till 11pm talking about everything. I'm so glad we are bonding perfectly. I appreciate Husna's efforts in having a good relationship with me. If it had been any other girl, she would hate me and even I would hate her but Husna is different. She is unique and kindhearted.

We soon retired to our bedrooms since we both had work tomorrow.

The next morning I woke up with a terrible feeling. My body was paining me. My back and my feet hurt the most. I am sick.

"Noor are you awake?" I heard a knock on the door. "Yeah" I replied sitting upright as Husna walked in all dressed in black and white ready for work.

"Are you okay? You look sick" she said with concern as she walked towards me. "I'm feeling kind of sick but it will go away. This is not the first time it's happening" I told her.

"Morning sickness?" She asked. "Hmm" I responded in agreement. For the past 2/3 weeks, I have been waking up feeling a little sick. I didn't tell Zayn because I didn't want him to worry for such a small thing and besides, I'm going to feel much better later on.

"I will call the driver to come and take you to work since I'm not ready yet" I told her reaching for my phone which was on the bedside table. "Are you sure you should go out?" She asked me placing her hand on my forehead.

"Don't worry I will be fine" I assured her and she nodded before leaving and I called the driver to get the car ready.

The day at the cafe was hectic. The business is running so good and everyday the cafe is always packed with people. At 6:30pm, I went back to my cabin to pick my things and leave.

I suddenly felt dizzy which made me rush to the couch. What is wrong with me? I waited for some moment before grabbing a cup and pouring myself water from the water dispenser.

I sat back down and took a deep breath after gulping down the water. I rested my head on the couch forgetting I had to leave.

I suddenly heard my phone ring. It was Zayn trying to FaceTime me. I'm so sure I look miserable right now but I accepted anyways.
"Hey" I said lazily. I wanted to act normal but my looks can't deceive any one. "What happened to you? Are you sick? Are you okay?" He asked squeezing his brow. No I'm not fine.

"I'm good just tired. Today is so hectic" I told him even though he didn't look convinced. I tried to dismiss the topic. "How is work?" I asked. He didn't look that well himself. I remember him telling me he hated business trips and always tried to avoid them. I guess he couldn't escape this one.

"Good. Except for the part where I don't get enough sleep, then we are making progress " he told me which made me chuckle."So you are done for today?" I asked seeing he is still wearing an office shirt.

"Yeah.I thought of taking my team out for dinner tonight" he told me.   "That's very nice. Did Umma inform you that Husna is staying with me?" I asked him. He kept his phone on a coffee table and balanced it with something as he went somewhere.

"Husna? I thought you were staying with Layla" he asked as I finally spotted him in the kitchen grabbing something from the fridge.

"Umma called me the day you left and she suggested Husna stays with me and you know I can't refuse" I told him what happened and he finally sat back down.

"Do you mind Husna staying with you?" He asked. "What?? No" I objected immediately. "Then I don't mind either" he said taking a sip of what seems to be an apple juice.

"Besides you are coming back in 3 da-" I stood up and rushed to the toilet.

The whole portion of the little I ate today poured out. This is the third time I'm vomiting this week.

I could hear Zayn's voice calling out to me but my head was pounding so much and I felt weak I couldn't move.

After moments of staying by the sink, I went back into the office and sat back on the couch. Zayn has already ended the call. Great. Now he will be worried.

Whatever is wrong with me, better not be what I'm thinking.

***
Hello guys. I decided to grace you with an early update😘

What do you think is wrong with Noor?
Hahahahahaha if I tell the drama that awaits you ba😭😭

Anyways,

Please follow me on Instagram 👇👇👇

@diary_of_faeezah

Lots of love 💕