52: the calm before the storm

Please ignore all typos and errors. This book has not been edited yet.
**
Follow me on Instagram 👇
@diary_of_faeezah
(Link is in my bio)
**
Enjoy💋

Noor's Pov
2 weeks later
I shifted uncomfortably in my seat as I watched her with narrow eyes. Today was a Saturday so the cafe was packed and swarmed.

I looked at her waiting to hear what she was going to say but she looked down. I honestly didn't have time for this. "Are you speaking up or what?" I asked annoyance lingering in my voice.

"I know I'm the last person you want to see or speak to right now," she said softly tilting her head. "That's true," I said honestly. I could almost see a look of hurt flash on her face. I leaned in my seat and crossed my arms around my chest.

"Look, I'm not going to talk a lot, I just need you to forgive me. Please forgive me for all I have done. The guilt is killing me, Noor, I can't live with it" she spoke looking down unable to meet my eyes. She looked tired and pale almost as if she is in some kind of depression.

"This is gonna sound really weird and stupid but it's the truth. I miss the days when we were friends. When you thought I was important enough for you to share your personal life with. I miss us gisting and laughing in the kitchen while you cooked. You might think those moments were fake but not all of them were fake"

I rolled my eyes and released a sigh. "I need to get back to the kitchen Husna," I said. "Okay.....I just wanted to tell you how ashamed and regretful of my actions I am" she said and rosed to her feet. "I know Zayn only loves you and will always love you and I have made peace with that. I just want us to be friends again. For real this time" she concluded and started walking away.

I sat there for a while before I stood up and made my way to my office. I was in no mood to enter the kitchen now. I felt nauseous and uneasy. I sat down on the couch and looked at the time. It was almost six which means I can leave now.

I called the driver around and started arranging my things.

••
The ride back home was very short which I was glad for. I entered the house and the maid collected my bag and took it upstairs.

I followed shortly into the room after grabbing a glass of water. I took off my veil and turban as I sat on the edge of the bed.

I picked up my phone from my bag and saw a missed call from Mama. I contemplated calling her back but decided against it. I will call her after I have freshened up and prayed.

I unzipped my blouse and grabbed a bathrobe from the closet.

"Yes Mama I'm good, nothing is bothering me. Zayn is taking care of me" I told Mama for the hundredth time since she called.

"I hope you are not stressing yourself too much. Why do you even go to the cafe? I think you should just stay at home and rest" she said and I laughed. I hate to admit it but she is right. I mean look at me now. I feel sick and uneasy but I wasn't going to tell her that. She will just get worried unnecessarily.

"Like I said Mama, you don't have to worry too much for me. I'm making sure I don't stress myself okay?" I reassured her. "Okay fine," she said in a cool tone.

"How are the rest? Are they doing well?" I asked. "Yes they are all good..how is Zayn?" she asked back. I opened my mouth to speak when I heard Zayn's faint voice from downstairs. "He is fine. He just got back from work" I told her. "Well go and attend to him," she said. "Yes," I replied before I hang up the phone.