53: middle of the street

Please ignore all typos and errors. This book has not been edited yet.
**
Follow me on Instagram 👇
@diary_of_faeezah
(link is in my bio)
**
Enjoy💗

Noor's Pov

4 Months Later

"It's 8 months today" I told Zayn excitedly. "I have to wait for another month now" he replied in a joking tone. "I want to have my baby now" he added and I laughed.

It was a Thursday and Zayn took a day off from work to take me for my checkup. I don't think anybody is as excited as Zayn about my pregnancy.

Literally.

The past 4 months have been the best. We clocked one year since our wedding 2 months ago and started a new year happily. He takes care of me more than needed sometimes and it gets overwhelming cause I feel like I fall for him every single blessed day.

Humairah and Aaliya are now married ladies. Humaira's wedding took place a couple of weeks after Aaliyah's wedding and everything went well as hoped. Sure I felt left out at some point but that didn't matter honestly. All I care about right now is the happiness of my loved ones and also mine.

I also stopped going to the cafe because with every single passing through minute, I get weaker, and my stomach becomes heavier. There were days when I had or rather Zayn and I had sleepless nights because of the pain I experience occasionally.

**
"Do you have to go? You know you can just spend the day with me" Zayn said immediately as he pulled in front of my parent's house.

"I know but it's been like a month since I came home," I told him and he nodded in agreement whispering "I know, I know"

"Pick me up at 6," I said. "Okay," he replied. "Won't you come in?" I asked about to open the door. He looked uneasy for some seconds before he spoke "I....Umma called me last night....she asked if I could meet her....at home today" he told me looking ahead.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?"  I asked. "It is not a big deal. I'm just gonna go there and come back. I will not stay there for long" he spoke almost as if he was trying to convince himself and not me.

"Listen to what she has to say Zayn" I said making him snap at me. "Please.....for our baby. I don't want our child to grow up seeing this feud between mother and son. You have to makeup with her sooner or later" I added before he replied.

"You're right. I will listen to whatever she says" he said with a sigh. I gave him a smile which he returned before I opened and exited the car.

I hope he fixes things with Umma today.

**

Zayn's pov

"I have been a terrible mother and a mother in law" she spoke. "And trust me Zayn I regret it so much"

"I have no excuse for my actions. I have always said that what I was doing was for your own good but I was wrong. I was so wrong and I dragged Husna into my schemes by instigating her that you still had feelings for her"

"I am so sorry Zayn. I failed to see how happy you were with Noor. I tried to get rid of your child. I tried to separate the both of you. That is the biggest mistake I've ever made and I regret it more that anything. Please forgive me son" Umma's voice almost broke at the end.