Chapter 11

Ara

We're here.

Just half a mile in front of us is Itri's ship. It's so large, I didn't even realize the ship itself will probably be like a maze inside, and knowing Itri, I'm sure he'll have his prisoners scattered inside ready to attack us.

"I checked the perimeter, there are both aeterians and wolves standing guard around the ship. They're wearing uniforms, covered from head to toe in all black," Nysa landed softly on the ground wearing a confused expression.

"Well isn't Itri getting creative?" Erin chuckled whilst shaking her head.

"Did they see you?" I ask.

She shot me an are you serious look, before rolling her eyes.

"Okay, well did you see an obvious point of entry into the ship?" I asked instead.

"Yes, on the other side." Nysa said quietly, furrowing her eyebrows. She looks almost, sad. I want to ask her what's wrong, but I don't want to open an unnecessary can of worms when we have to get this done. We arrived earlier than we thought, but I already know this won't be easy by any means.

"Okay, then let's go!" Calista jumped down from the tree she was sitting in and ran in the direction of the ship.

"Woah, fighter, absolutely not," Nysa grabbed the girl, holding her still, "You're not coming, you're staying put."

Calista's face dropped, before anger took over, "Why?"

"Because you're a child. You aren't fighting," Nysa told her.

"That's not fair!" Calista complained.

I pinched the bridge of my nose, "We don't have time for this."

"No, we don't," Adelaide stepped forward stopping in front of Nysa, "You ready to do this?"

Nysa stared at her for a few seconds before plastering a smile on her face, "Of course I am."

Calista sat on the ground crossing her arms grumbling under her breath.

"Okay, so here's the deal. We will take down the guards, Nysa and Adelaide keep your eyes peeled for your opportunity to get away and when it's clear you run ahead and get into the ship. I won't be too far behind," I tell everyone waiting for some kind of objection.

My heart was racing a million miles per minute which I can assume everyone can hear. I'm nervous, I won't pretend I'm not anymore. This is the fight we've prepared for all our lives and we have finally arrived and honestly, I don't know if we'll win.

"What if we can't beat them? Adelaide can't use her powers on them when we're this close to the ship," Charm piped in.

I sighed, looking down guiltily for what I'm about to say, "Only kill if it's your last option."

Everyone was quiet, but they knew that if it was inevitable, we have to do whatever we can to win. I don't like the idea, but we can't afford to lose this fight.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Nysa asked, straightening her back, standing tall and confident.

For the first time in my life, I envied her. Her confidence, her strength, her beauty, her power. . . she would have made a much better leader than me, she has it all. She already has done what is needed on this mission with no regrets.

I walked over and stood next to her, "Let's do this."

"So, am I really staying here?"

I stopped and turned to face Calista, "Yes, and to make sure you do. . ."