Chapter 19

Nysa

Amaya and Xenna exited the aircraft, this is the very first time I'm seeing this woman in person. I've seen her in pictures, but only the pictures from the institutions from the aeterian identification databases.

She was different in person, timid, young looking, but based off the knowledge I know now, I understand she's much older than I originally thought. She's short, hispanic with long dark straight hair, dark eyes and light brown skin.

I don't know how or when her and Amaya contacted and met, but it didn't matter because it was all over.

No one looked happy to see her, they just glared at her. After all, she's done nothing to help throughout the years beside giving terrifying predictions, but I knew better. I've seen what Deimos has done to her, I've seen him inside of her, using her abilities as his own, manipulating the truth to get his way. He showed me when I sided with him.

No one moved or spoke, they only stared at the woman who has changed so many lives in the worst of ways.

Then someone did speak, I looked over at Itri with a surprised stare.

"I'm sorry that my brother has tormented you all these years," He announced painfully.

Xenna locked eyes with his, recognizing him immediately, not as Deimos but as Itri. Deimos used her to see the future, which means she has most likely seen Itri's lifeless body on that cold floor many times in her visions, never able to do anything about it under Deimos's control.

"I'm sorry he used you to entrap your people," He continued.

Gasps were heard all around at his words.

"He used you to free them, giving them false hope for a future that he intended to ruin in the end," He started walking towards her, sadness written all over his face.

Xenna's tears flowed freely, her troubled expression so full of guilt and misunderstanding while she listened to Itri's apology.

"He used you and in doing so, he has stolen your life, just as he has stolen mine," He stopped right in front of her, grabbing her hand in his.

Her eyes widened with hope as he smiled down at her.

"You spent so long trapped within your own mind, taking back control little by little, watching as those around you became free from their shackles while you suffered silently in yours, needing the most help out of all of us."

Xenna looked around at all the faces she's met over the years, never truly getting to know them because of Deimos, but I know she would like to, I can see it.

"Now, your chains are finally broken, your life is yours once more. . . You're free, Xenna. You're finally free," He pulled her small body into his and hugged her tightly, a hug I'm sure she desperately needed.

I smiled with pride at my mate, watching as those around me understood now, and were ready to welcome Xenna with open arms. Not the seer, not the trouble maker or the woman who tells the future, but the real Xenna.

Both Itri and Xenna's minds were plagued for years by the infiltration of Deimos, having no control but knowing what he was doing to the world and the universe, it must have been terrible.

Only those two can truly understand that kind of torture.

Amaya looked out at all of us, nodding her head in approval at the scene before her. She survived and she came to take us back to where we belong.

"Who's ready to go home?"

Aboard the aircraft, there were hundreds of supernaturals ready to rebuild and resume their lives. The large plane was spacious, designed by Amaya, able to hold up to one thousand passengers, it was impressive and I can tell she had this creation hidden somewhere aching to be able to use it one day.