Chapter 2 🥀

Enid, my best friend

Wednesdays POV:

As I was on my bed listening to murder podcasts, someone knocked on the door. I looked up quickly to see Sunnee opening the door. She moved aside to let someone in. I stood up and walked towards them, as I got closer I gasped in shock. This girl came in. She had blonde hair with colorful ends a variety of colors on her sweater, and overall just looked to happy for my liking.

"Wednesday this is my best friend Enid, Enid this is my roommate, Wednesday." She stated. Enid skipped to me and tried to hug me. I backed away instantly as Enid's smile faded slightly. "Not a hugger, got it" she said. Enid's "phone" started going off and it was very annoying. "Turn it off." I told her. "Don't be rude to her Wednesday she did nothing to you." Sunnee stated as she moved Enid behind her slightly looking at me dead in the eye. I scoffed and looked at Enid again. "Silence would be appreciated, this is my writing time." Enid and Sunnee looked at each other confused. "Writing time?" They both said at the same time. "

I devote an hour a day to my novel. Perhaps if you did the same, your vlog might be coherent. Ive read serial killer diaries with better punctuation." I told her coldly as I started working on my novel. "I write in my voice, Its my truth its what my followers love." Enid said with a slightly shaken voice. "Your followers are clearly imbeciles. They respond to your stories with insipid little pictures ." As soon as Enid was going to respond Sunnee cut in. "You mean emojis?" She stated with a slight sarcastic tone is her voice. "Its a way people express their feelings Wednesday, I realize Thats a foreign concept for you." Sunnee said again this time with more sassiness than before.

"When I look at you, the following emojis come to mind." I said giving Sunnee a death stare which she returned. "Rope, shovel, hole." I responded monotonously, to which Sunnee responded with the same sassy attitude. "Thats cute, you really think your going to scare me with that pathetic threat? Think again Wednesday, I don't get scared easily so try again." I scoffed at her rudeness as I death stared her.

As I walked back to my side of the room I looked at Enid and said "By the way there are two D's in Addams. If you're going to gossip about me, at least spell my name correctly." Right as I said that Sunnee took Enid's phone and started playing some horrendous music that made my ears bleed.

I whipped my head back around to look at them both dancing. "Turn that off." I stated coldly.  They didn't listen and kept on dancing. "This is your final warning." I said as I walked towards them both still dancing. Ragh! Enid's claws came out of her nails as she stood in front of Sunnee to keep me from getting to her. "Don't mess with me." She said trying to sound tough. "This kitty's got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them." Enid said still trying to sound threatening.

Sunnee stepped in front of Enid looking more threatening than Enid did, "Look Wednesday I don't know what your deal is, but don't come here being mean to my best friend, or I promise you WILL regret it. So step back now." Sunnee told me. I looked her dead in the eye as I stepped closer to her our faces inches away. As I was about to tell her something someone came in.

I stepped away from her still staring at her dead in the eyes as I looked at who came in. It was this woman, I believe her name was "Ms. Thornhill."
I simply did not care what she was rambling about. She held a black beautiful flower.

"Is this a bad time?" She said. Looking at all 3 of us as Enid made her way out of my dorm room whispering a goodbye to Sunnee to which she returned. "I'm Ms. Thornhill, your dorm mom. Apologies, I wasn't here to greet you when you arrived. I trust Sunnee has given you the old Nevermore welcome." Thornhill said. "Shes been smothering me with her attitude. I hope to return the favor, in her sleep." I told Ms Thornhill secretly threatening Sunnee.  She looked at me with the same threatening stare she has had all day long. "Well, heres a little welcome gift from my conservatory." She told me clearly uncomfortable with the situation. "I try to match the right flower to each of my girls and when I read your personal statement in your application, I immediately thought of this one." Ms Thornhill told me slightly smiling.

"The black dahlia." I told her looking at the flower in my hands. "Oh you know it." ms Thornhill said looking at me and Sunnee. Ugh, I forgot she was here. "Of course, it's named after my favorite unsolved murder." Sunnee whipped her head to look at me with the smallest smirk ever. I guess she shares the same interest as me. "Thank you." I simply said as Ms. Thornhill went over some ground rules I did not listen to as I drowned out the sound of her talking until I had a question. "Whats the story about going into the local town?" I asked.

"Passes to Jericho are a privilege, not a right. The locals are a tad bit wary about Nevermore, so please don't go making any waves, or perpetuating any.. outcast stereotypes. That means, keep your voodoo dolls to your self, and no smothering people in their sleep. Are we clear?" Ms. Thornhill told us. Nor me or Sunnee responded but instead stared at her with death eyes. "Great talk" she said as she made her way out of our dorm.

As soon as she left Sunnee went back to her side of the room to her desk. She was... writing something? I tried to get a closer look until she looked at me covered her paper and stood up. She slightly looked up at me considering I was a good 2 inches taller than her. "What are you writing?" I asked her looking at the paper her hands are poorly covering on her desk. "Something. Nothing. None of your business Wednesday." She said sounding alarmed that I almost saw what she was writing. I grabbed the paper and turned around to try to read it. "Dear Will" Is all I could read before she grabbed my wrists and snatched the paper out of my hand.

What is she hiding? I thought to my self. I Will figure it out. Sunnee looked at me with a slight hint of disgust and said "what part of none of your business do you not understand Wednesday? I looked at her with no emotion and stepped closer to her, our faces about 2 inches apart, "I don't know what your problem with me is Diana, but whatever you're hiding, I will find out" I said, backing her up against the wall. "Whether you like it or not." I told her threateningly as I basically had her pinned against the wall, her paper crumbled in her fist. I took a few steps back and went back to writing my novel as I left her almost shaking from what just happened. I smirked slightly knowing my intimidation worked.

__________________________________

1357 words

Author note:
Second chapter done! Please tell me what you think about this chapter and book so far. I'm trying to make this book sort of an enemies to lovers book👀👀 I hope you enjoy it because I enjoy writing it.

Fun fact: I wrote this book because I was bored since none of my cousins could make it to this years thanksgiving 💔 but I really like this book so far so I'm going to continue it.

And again if you see any spelling mistakes please point them out and please dont be a silent reader! Love you guys