2.

Wednesday watched as the school gates came into view, opening as the cars in front of her entered. Slowly driving their way in, the car came to a stop in front of the school. Lurch got out and unpacked the suitcases. Wednesday stepped out onto the gravel path, her parents behind her. She observed all her schoolmates getting out of their own cars and parting with their families, making their way inside the main building. She couldn't see anyone she knew well, yet some still gave her a wave or a smile.

"Oh darling, make sure to contact us once a week and tell us all about your studies! Make us proud dear," her mother said, attempting to hug Wednesday before she quickly pulled away.

"Alright, mother. I suppose I can contact you sometimes. No promises though." With that, she said her last goodbyes to her family and made her way into the school, carrying her bags all the way to her dorm.
As she was walking up a flight of stairs, someone call her name.

"Wednesday!" She turned around and saw Xavier nearing her. He smiled brightly when he reached her.

"Long time no see, right? Good to see you're back. How are you feeling?" He asked.

"I'm feeling about as good as I can be after the constant reminder that the last time I was in this building there was a string of murders, a botanical teacher and an undead pilgrim attempting to kill everyone in the school, and a boy who I thought liked me actually being behind all of these murders. Now, I must go and unpack now, so please excuse me."

"Uh, well, great. I'll see you around," He said, waving goodbye and heading to his own dorm.
Wednesday finally got to her own floor and stood outside the wooden door. She let out a long sigh. She wasn't afraid to go in, she was just...cautious. Not because of Enid or anything like that, just because friendly re-introductions could be a little awkward. She clasped her hand over the metal doorknob, the cold metal she was expecting to be slightly warmed. Someone had already opened the door. Enid was in there. Sucking in another long breath, Wednesday pushed the door open, walking in with the same poise and posture she always did. There Enid was, standing on top of her bed hanging up fairy lights. As soon as she heard Wednesday's footsteps in the room she swivelled around, dropping the lights and jumping off her bed.

"Oh my god, Wednesday!" Enid runs across the room and wraps her arms around her waist. Wednesday tenses up at the sudden contact.

"Enid, I'm still holding my bags. And you're sort of squishing me."

"Oh, sorry!" She pulls away and looks Wednesday up and down.

"You know I don't like hugs, Enid," She says, walking over to her bed and placing her bags on it.

"That wasn't the case last time," Enid says smugly.

"That was a mistake, just the heat of the moment." Wednesday can't help but half-joke at this statement, keeping it to herself that in reality, that hug meant a lot to her. After all, she couldn't stop thinking about it for most of the time she was off school. That didn't come across in her voice, however. She saw Enid wince at her statement, going back to hanging up her lights. Wednesday told and convinced herself she didn't care.

She did.