8.

It was lunchtime. Wednesday watched as Xavier cleared his throat, gaining everyone in the quad's attention. A crowd of people formed around him, listening to what he was about to say. He pulled out a sheet of paper from his pocket and began to read.

"I cannot help but stop and admire your soul,
So perfectly mysterious,
No one else understands,
But I,
I see your beauty,
I see your grace,
I see your perfections and imperfections,
I see you,
Together we are like two pieces of a puzzle,
Different in form,
Meant to be together,
If I had to pick a day,
It would be you,
Wednesday." Xavier finished his poem and cleared his throat. He slowly walked towards where Wednesday was standing, everyone gasping and moving aside as he did so. He pulled out a black rose from inside his jacket, lowered himself onto one knee and presented it to her.

"Wednesday Addams, would you be my girlfriend?" Wednesday stared down at him. She heard her heartbeat thumping in her ears. Not because she was flattered, excited, or happy. She was scared. So many people were standing around her, awaiting her answer. Xavier had just read out the worst poem anyone's ever written, but this embarrassingly romantic gesture awed everyone. Honestly, it awed her as well. He must've had a lot of courage to do something like this for someone like her. If it was a month ago, she wouldn't say no instantly. But she wanted to change. She valued her friends. She didn't want to let them down.

Wednesday suddenly remembered her fight with Enid a few months ago, when Wednesday had put her friends' lives in danger all because she got caught up in some mystery. She hated when Enid left her.
But she wasn't that person anymore. If this is how she'd prove her loyalty, so be it.

"Okay." She replied. Everyone cheered. Xavier got up from his knee and handed the rose to her, smiling brightly. Wednesday didn't smile. Instead, she stood completely rigid when Xavier leaned down and placed a kiss on her cheek.

For some reason, Wednesday thought of Enid at that moment. She hoped that Enid was cheering alongside her other classmates. She hoped this made Enid happy.

She did it for her friends.
She did it for Enid.