4.

Wednesday awoke to Enid still laying on her and clutching at her shirt. She was mumbling in her sleep. Wednesday felt a smile creep on her face. She'd never seen Enid this calm. She looked around and saw that it was bright and sunny outside. It was her least favourite weather. She looked at the clock and saw it was 7:24. School started at 8. Slightly panicking, she shook Enid awake.

"Enid, Enid wake up! We need to get ready!" Enid suddenly woke up, scanning her surroundings before realising that she was holding onto Wednesday very tightly. She let go and Wednesday stood up. Without saying a word they both got ready. As Wednesday was brushing her bangs, Enid decided to break the awkward silence.

"So...how did you sleep," She asked from across the room. Wednesday didn't see the point in lying. She trusted Enid, oddly enough.

"The best I've slept in a while," She replied simply.

"Oh, really? Me too, I guess."

"Don't tell anyone about last night. I know what pain I'm capable of, and you're no exception." That was a lie. Enid was an exception. With that, Wednesday packed the last of her notebooks and tried to close her bag before Thing came rushing over to get in. Rolling her eyes, Wednesday let it, but not without noticing what it was signing.

"I saw you two last night. I know you must've enjoyed that," it signed. Wednesday rolled her eyes and shoved it in the bag. She swung it over her shoulder and walked to the door, Enid following behind her. They walked side by side down the corridor towards their classes. To Wednesday, it didn't go unnoticed whenever their hands at their sides accidentally touched, or when their shoulders brushed against each other. Eventually, they reached the part where Enid would go into her own class and Wednesday would keep walking.

"Welp, goodbye roomie! See you at lunch!" She said cheerfully. Wednesday nodded in response, walking to her own class.

For some reason, she couldn't wait for it to be lunchtime.

~

"Psst, hey, Enid!" Enid looked at the desk behind her, seeing Xavier gesturing for her to scoot her chair back to talk to him. The teacher wasn't looking so she went ahead with it.

"I need your help with something, can you please meet me at lunch?" Enid was very confused, why would Xavier want to talk to her? But then she remembered they had a...mutual friend.

"Uh, sure, I guess. Is this about Wednesday?" He nodded. Enid turned back around and couldn't help but frown. She wanted to spend the whole lunchtime with Wednesday, but why would Xavier want to talk about Wednesday with her?