11.

Wednesday returned to her and Enid's dorm, slightly distressed about the text, but nothing she couldn't handle of course. She put on her best poker face and went and sat at her desk, letting Thing out of her bag, and deciding to continue with some homework. However, as she tried to study, she couldn't take her mind off of the text.

"Wednesday, are you ok?" Enid said from behind her. Wednesday blinked in shock, turning around and facing the other girl.

"Yes, I am feeling quite fine, thank you. Sorry, I didn't notice you when I walked in."

"No worries, but I can tell you're not okay. Is something stressing you out? You're breathing, like, really fast." Wednesday put a hand over her chest when Enid said this and noticed her heart was beating very fast and she was taking fast and short breaths. She made herself stop.

"As I said, I'm fine, Enid. Now, please leave me alone. I have work to finish," Wednesday snapped, maybe a little too harshly, as Enid seemed very hurt at what she'd said, and slumped back to the other side of the room. Thing made a thumbs down to her, but she rolled her eyes. Wednesday wanted to apologise, but she didn't want it to seem like an invitation for Enid to pester her. Well, she knew Enid wouldn't do that, but they were complete opposites. She loved Enid, but sometimes...she was a lot. She also didn't know how to tell Enid about the texts. She hadn't even told her about the stalker. She didn't want to worry her. So, she continued studying.

For a very small amount of time, for she was interrupted.

"Wednesday! Can you help me? Please?" Enid groaned from her bed. Wednesday craned her neck to look at her. She had a textbook open on a page which resembled the plants they'd been studying. Enid clasped her hands together, once again asking for help. Wednesday wanted to apologise for how she acted earlier, so she got up and walked towards Enid, sitting on her bed and glancing at the textbook. It was an analysis of desert plants. Child's stuff, really.
Enid pointed at the question she didn't understand. Wednesday began explaining how she should answer it and continued helping Enid for a good 15 minutes. Every once in a while Enid would say things to show she was still listening. Not that she'd admit it, but Wednesday enjoyed this. It was relaxing, she felt carefree. She usually hated studying with others, especially those who can't keep up with her. But Enid was different. Her company was different.
Wednesday felt Enid's eyes on her face. She looked her in the eyes and noticed they were mere inches away from the other's face. Enid leaned in and placed a quick peck on Wednesday's lips. Wednesday felt herself smile. Not a big grin with her teeth showing, not a small smirk that's hardly noticeable, just a normal smile.

"You smiled! You're smiling! You look so pretty!" Enid exclaimed.

"Oh, thank you," Wednesday said in a whisper, breaking eye contact with Enid and looking at her lap, feeling a little embarrassed.

"It's because you make me happy, Enid."