10.

Wednesday awoke to the rays of sunlight shining through the window. Enid was curled up next to her, snoring faintly. It was a picture-perfect scene, and Wednesday wished she could wake up like this every morning. She slipped out of the bed and quickly got ready for school, eventually shaking Enid awake in the process. She was greeted with a 'five more minutes, please' instead of Enid's usual perky self. Wednesday had a little chat with Thing while Enid got ready. They discussed books and whatnot. Thing didn't really seem to be shocked at the girls'...development in their relationship, it sort of expected it. However, as the early morning went by and the time for class neared, the two girls couldn't stop thinking about the kiss, or what it meant. Before they were going to leave the dorm, Enid stopped Wednesday.

"Can we talk for a minute?"

"Of course, but we must leave soon."

"Last night...what did it mean?" Enid asked.

"I like you. I love you. That's all." Wednesday said it like it was the most simple thing in the world, something a baby could understand.

"No, that's not what I mean. I love you too, but what about our friends? Our...boyfriends. What should we tell them? I don't think anyone saw this coming." Enid was clearly stressed about this, so Wednesday placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"You're right, this seems to be a difficult situation. However, if we are careful enough, I feel we can keep this a secret for a little while. Just enough time to end things in our current relationships before we tell anyone."

"So you're saying...we won't tell anyone that we basically cheated, and hope no one finds out? Okay, fair enough. But the truth will always come out eventually."

"Don't worry, Enid. Everything will be okay," Wednesday says soothingly, taking Enid's hands and pressing a chaste kiss on them. But she knew Enid was right. They didn't want to hurt Xavier or Ajax. They'd have to be super careful.

So, they walked to class together, acting like the best of friends they were, or what everyone else believed they were.

~

It was late after school and Wednesday had gone to the library to do some quick homework.
Confident in all her lessons, it was a breeze. She felt comfortable around books. Not around phones.
A 'ping' from her pocket distracted her. She took out her phone and saw that 'Unknown' had once again sent a message, and she could tell it wouldn't be a good one.
Opening the chat, she couldn't help but gasp at what she saw. The first photo that was sent to her was of last night when she and Enid had kissed. Despite it being a short kiss, the photo had captured both of their eyes closed and faces looking content, all from peeking around the door. The second photo is what made Wednesday tap her finger anxiously on the table. It was taken from inside the room. It was a perfect shot of Enid and Wednesday in each other's arms during the night, while they were both asleep. The angle was from directly above them.
Wednesday always locked the door when they went to sleep.
Below the photos, there was a text.

'It was a mistake, you know it, Addams. What will your boyfriend think when he sees you cheated, huh? What will the school think when they see these photos? Oh, how horrible. Don't worry, your secret is safe with me.
Cut ties with either Enid or Xavier, or else.
Remember, you can't have it all. The truth always comes out eventually.'

'Shit,' Wednesday thought to herself.

What was she going to do?