Chapter 19

"I get jealous because I am afraid that someone is going to make you happier than I do."

-Frank Ocean-

***

Ophelia's P.O.V

The time for the winter ball was closing by.

A day prior, a carriage had been sent to my place.

This time, like before, Helios was also invited.

We went there in our normal clothes and when we arrived at the palace, a maid guided us to our room. It was the same room I stayed in before.

Once she accompanied me, she turned her attention to Helios.

"Excuse me, his majesty has assigned a separate room for the young man."

Hah! She had no idea this young man she mentioned was actually a hundred years old. Before she could say anything else, Helios' face had darkened and he quickly refused.

"No! I am staying in the same room as her. I want to stay close to her and I will rip the head of anyone trying to separate us." His voice was filled with a bit of anger, it scared the poor maid off.

"I understand, I'm sorry, I wouldn't disturb you anymore. Have a good evening." The maid ran out of the room, fearing for her life. I turned to Helios and scolded him.

"You shouldn't have treated her like that. She was just doing her job."

"I don't care, I won't be nice to anyone who tried to separate me and you." He responded grumpily. I sighed.

There was no use scolding him when he already made up his mind like that. Instead of worrying about it, I went to explore the room.

There was a gift box on the side of the bed. I picked it up and opened it. Inside was a pair of dress and suit.

They were matching silver colors with sapphire blue accents. The color didn't suit Helios at all, he was the sun dragon and the color reminded you more of the moon.

However, it matched my silver hair and violet eyes perfectly.

"Was Nicholas thinking of me when he picked these up?" I wondered. I didn't want to get too ahead of myself, but it was too coincidental.

Among the clothes and jewelries, there was a pair of masquerade mask included.

A few hours later, the maid from before returned to the room to remind us about dinner. She was still fearful of Helios and offered to have the dinner delivered instead.

Helios agreed without second thought. He didn't want to have dinner with the royal family. Or, to be specific, he didn't want me to spend time with Nicholas in the dining room.

While she was in the room, I decided to ask her a question.

"Is the winter ball going to be a masquerade ball?" I asked one of the maid assigned to us. She nodded with a smile on her face.

"That's right, the winter ball is actually a masquerade ball. It adds some mystery to the event. Beside the royal family, a lot of high ranking nobles would come and attend as well." She paused and her eyes glimmered.

"Some foreign ministries from other empires would also attend to pay their respect. It's the grandest masquerade ball you would ever see in your life."

For some reason, the maid seemed more excited than I was.

"This outfit looks very restricting." Helios complained as soon as he saw the silver suit he had to wear. He was a dragon and it was his first time wearing a formal attire.