Chapter 25

"Leisure is the time for doing something useful."

-Benjamin Franklin-

***

Ophelia's P.O.V

"Thank you for accepting my invitation, Lia. I appreciate it." I was seated across the crown prince.

We were drinking tea and Helios was standing behind me, constantly sending glares toward the crown prince.

Nicholas was slightly intimidated by Helios' red eyes, but his determination to have a conversation with me appeared to be stronger than his fear.

"What's the reason for your invitation today, your majesty?" I asked him.

"Lia, I already told you. When it's just the two of us, you can call me Nicholas. Helios is not an outsider, so it's okay." He replied.

"Okay, what's the reason for your invitation, Nicholas?" I repeated the question.

"To tell you the truth, this time, I didn't actually have any reason. I just wanted to see you again. I hope I didn't trouble you too much. I sent a better carriage this time, was your journey more comfortable?" He asked.

"Yes, it certainly was, But the question is, why would you want to see me without any reason?" It was certainly odd, then I could see a light flush on his face.

"I don't know. Ever since you left, I couldn't help but think about you. I felt a longing that wouldn't disappear no matter what I did. I thought the only way I could cure this longing is by seeing your face."

"Does my presence help?"

"Yes. I'm right. Now that you are here, that longing is gone. Instead, I feel relieved." He explained.

My heart was beating quickly upon hearing his response but I needed to maintain my composure.

"I am flattered by that, Nicholas."

I didn't know what else to say because Helios was standing right behind me and I could feel a heat radiating from his body.

He was annoyed. I could tell even without looking.

"I don't have much to do today. If you don't mind, I would like to take you around the capital."

"Really?"

"Yes. We have to disguise ourselves as commoners so no one would suspect a thing, but we would still be able to have fun. What do you think?"

He offered because he knew I didn't have anything else to do at the moment.

Besides, the previous times when I was here, I didn't really get the chance to explore the capital. There must be a lot of exciting things that could be seen there.

"Okay, both I and Helios have nothing to do for today anyway, let's go." When I agreed to his request. The crown prince seemed relieved and excited at the same time.

"I'm glad you agreed. Then, I will meet you at the gate in one hour." He gave me some time to get ready, I really appreciated that. Once I was back in my room, Helios finally vented out his emotions.

"Why did you agree to go to the capital with him? We don't have any business here, we should just go back to the mountain." He pouted.

"We are already here, I think it would be a waste to not explore the capital. We would be coming with the crown prince, so we should see the best part. Let's not turn down this wonderful opportunity." Helios' air became even more gloomy.

"Fine, but I want you to stay close to me instead of that annoying crown prince." He puffed. I smiled and patted him in the head again.

I swore sometimes he could act like a protective brother. He was so much younger than me but he acted as if he was older.