The Ring

The day ended quite calmly, nothing chaotic happened with Teju like everyday. She enjoyed it fully with little brats in the childrens ward and still feeling fresh.

Children pulled the long faces when Teju was getting of from her duty. They weren't letting her go.

"Teju, please don't go."

"Yes doctor, I loved it when you were here."

Kids were yelling and nagging like this.

"Kids, calm down and be good, ok. My duty hours are over, now I have to go home. The new doctor will come to take care of you all, ok kiddos." Teju explained them politely with broad smile on her face.

"Then will you come again tomorrow?" Another kid asked.

"If I will be appointed in your ward I will be here for sure, otherwise I promise I will pay you all a visit."

Teju didn't give any false hope to the little souls but promised to see them at least for a once.

Children bid adieu to Teju with sad faces which made Teju also sad.

Teju, Adaa and Jasmin met in the lounge at their regular meeting point.

"Hey guys, how was your day?" Teju asked to her friends.

"Mr day was as usual slow in general ward." Jasmin replied.

"Mine was quite busy, how about yours?" Adaa said.

"My day was quite busy in childrens ward but it was quite fun with them. I enjoyed it." Teju said brimming ear to ear.

"That's great, let's grab some bite, before call it a day." Adaa said.

Trio friends head to cafeteria to get some refreshments.

"We are moving with patients quite smoothly in the field work, but don't forget we have our internal semester soon, both of you start studying hard."

Teju reminded Adaa and Jasmin, because both are average in theories. They both made ugly faces.

"AK, we will do combine studies at my place after getting off from the hospital, ok? And JM you will also join us." Teju said in a bossy tone which made both the girls horrified.

"But....." Adaa tried to retort but cut off by Teju.

"No space for argument, that's final." Teju said authoritatively and slammed her palm on the table.

Adaa and Jasmin zipped their mouth and sighed.

They finally called it a day after done chit chat and stood up to head back home.

Trio friends were walking with slow pace while talking about several things, when Adaa noticed something and screamed at the top of her lungs in excitement.

"Hey, Teju, where is your ring?"

Teju and Jasmin shut their eyes and covered their ears by their hands.

"Ouch, AK, have you gone insane, what gotten into you? Do you want to give me ear blood or what, why did you yell out of the blue."

Teju smacked Adaa on her shoulder and said with annoyance.

Adaa rubbed her shoulder, smacked by Teju. " I am sorry for yelling, but where on earth you lost your dear ring, which you never even like to take of."

Teju looked at her empty finger which had a faint white scar at the place of her former ring. She sighed helplessly and said, "Let it be dear, I don't care about it, let's move."

Teju dodged the topic and moved. Adaa and Jasmin looked at each other with a meaningful look on their faces. Of course they know Teju is affected.

"No Teju, I won't let it go until you tell me the truth. What has happened?" Adaa held Teju's arm from behind and asked sternly.