The Slap

"Karan, he is Marc, the caretaker of the cottage and the farm and Marc, he is Dr. Karan Kundrra, my husband."

"Hi, I am Silvia, nice to meet you." Before Marc, Silvia introduced herself and forward her hand for shake.

"Nice to meet you too....."  Karan shook hands with Silvia and Teju shot daggers to their entwined hands, but concealed her expressions. She is here to pacify Karan not to get mad on him and make it more complicated.

"Marc, shall we get in?" Teju said bit sharply.

"Please welcome, Silvia get the luggage in of Teju ma'am and doctor sir.

They all walked in and Karan admire the beauty of the cottage, exquisite and lavish wooden cottage in the woods just as his taste.

Marc gave them a small tour of the cottage and showed them the bedroom. "Teju ma'am, Varun sir told me that you are showing up with your husband that's why I prepared this room for you."

"Thank you Marc." Teju said with gratitude smile.

"My pleasure, you both can rest for some time and I think doctor sir wants to take a nap." Marc said, referring Karan's dressing. He was still wearing his night pants and transported in the outfit he wore last night.

Karan looked at Marc then his gaze on his outfit with wide eyes. Teju giggled and the entire scene aggregated Karan for losing his face in front of a stranger because of Teju.

"Teju ma'am, please take rest, till then I will cook your favourite Italian breakfast."

Teju nodded and both walked into a lavishly decorated bedroom. Karan looked at his wrist watch showing 11 hours, IST, that means it's 6:30 am in Switzerland.

"Did you brought my phone or not?" Karan asked rudely.

Teju sensed his bad mood due to recent incident and gave him a small bag. Karan found his mobile, wallet, all national and international credit and debit cards, his all national and international I'ds, charger, laptop, iPad and every stuff which he used to carry during travel.

He took his phone, went to the balcony and dialled Prince's number while admiring the beautiful morning of Switzerland.

"Hey Prince, how is everything in the hospital......." Karan asked several questions about hospital and Prince answered.

"Don't worry about the hospital, we are also doctors here, not quack. Enjoy your time with Teju and don't need to call frequently and ignore your wife, else I will block your number." Prince disconnected the call after threatening him.

Karan was shocked at first then shrugged his shoulder and called Sunita.

"Hey mom, how are you, is everything ok in the house and how is your health."

"Everything is fine here....."

"Mom, I am sorry for leaving you like this."

"But I am not, I wanted you two to spend some time in alone away from the family and work. Now enjoy, treat Teju nicely and don't call me daily to ask this or that, otherwise I will block your number."

"Why are everybody threating me to block my number?" Karan monologued in shock.

Being frustrated he called Aly, the master mind of the plan.

"Hello Lucky, you jerk, were you out of your mind, why did you help Teju in her nonsense plans....."

Karan was cut off by Aly who yelled louder then him.

"What's wrong did I do to help my sister-in-law. It was you who should be blamed, you were not letting go the matter even after her several efforts. I agreed she was at fault to mistrust you, but she is repenting from all her heart. She changed herself from top to bottom, just for you."