Chapter 22

Li Yu was really happy to take back what belonged to him, and he didn't notice a figure passing by in the woods not far away. Soon he forgets about Xiuzhi.

He arrived at Li Orion's house, just as he was about to go out. Li Yu breathed a sigh of relief, and hurriedly shouted, "Brother Li, wait a minute, I have something to ask you here.

" "What's the matter?"

Li Yu took two steps forward with a smile, "Brother Li, I want to ask you to help me repair the roof. It rained heavily outside yesterday, and it was almost impossible to live in the house, so I came here early this morning, please." Help me."

Li Orion thought for a while, and before he could speak, he heard Li Yu continue: "Of course it is not for nothing, I will still give you money according to the price. How about thirty coins a day?"

Say it first and then say no Chaos, the price Li Yu offered is considered high. Nowadays, people are looking for work in the town, and it only costs twenty yuan a day. He thinks that repairing the roof can be done in a day at most, and there is nothing more. , as long as Li Orion uses dim sum, the repair is better.

Li Orion said, "I can't use that much. The price is too high. If you really want to give it, let's do it at twenty yuan a day." In the

end, the two of them agreed on twenty-five yuan, and Li Orion felt that Li Yu After suffering a loss, he also knew about Li Yu's situation. When the Li family separated him, they left an old house for him, and didn't even give him a share of the land. Li Yu has some money, but he has to pay all kinds of taxes when the time comes. Is it really good to spend such extravagant money?

Li Yu didn't feel anything, he had to use what should be used, isn't money earned just for spending?

Li Liehu runs up the mountain all the year round. He is physically strong and good at work. Li Yu gave him such a high salary, so he naturally has to be worthy of the money. Therefore, he repaired the roof really well and well. solid. In the end, a shelf was rebuilt on the kitchen side, and it was repaired properly. The originally low and narrow kitchen immediately became much more spacious.

Li Yu was very satisfied. He had an idea in his heart, maybe talk to Li Orion, and he would agree.

In fact, these repairs are not complicated. Li Orion's craftsmanship is fast and good, and one day is more than enough.

In the evening, Wen Jinbai cooked the meal and left Li Orion to eat before leaving. Li Orion still wanted to refuse. He had already received his wages, so how could he stay for dinner? However, Li Yu stopped him, saying that he still had something to discuss with him, talking while eating. He just barely stayed on.

There were only three people at the dinner table, and Wen Jinbai didn't speak, so only Li Yu and Li Orhu were talking.

"Brother Li, you often go up the mountain and are very familiar with the mountain. I would like to ask you to go up the mountain and help me dig yams." Li Yu said directly what was in his heart.

He and Wen Jinbai are making cakes and selling cakes, so there is almost no time to go up the mountain to dig the yams. If they can ask Li Orhu to help dig the yams back, then they can save time and effort to do other things .

"Yam?" Li Orion asked doubtfully. what is that? He is very familiar with this mountain, but he has never heard of what this yam is. What do Li Yu and the others want this yam for?

"It grows on the mountain. Its roots are very long. When the time comes, I will take you up the mountain to recognize it. I will collect as much as you dig. It is calculated as one penny and two catties. You can earn twenty or thirty catties a day." More than ten articles, of course, the more you dig, the more you earn, what do you think?" Li Yu said slowly.

Li Liehu was taken aback for a moment, the chopsticks in his hand almost fell off, he collected himself, and asked just now: "Your words are serious, Li Laosan, are you really not lying to me?"

Li Yu shook his head with a smile, "How could I lie to you? To be honest, I used that yam to make food and sell it. That's how I earned the money before. Ah Jiu and I could have dug it ourselves, but we I really don't have any extra time to go up the mountain, so I entrust this to you."

Li Orion had already believed it, although he had never heard of yam, but since Li Yu said so, it was true. I really didn't expect that Li Yu would come up with such a way to make money, and still trust him so much, and tell himself all this. He had never gotten to know Li Yu before, and I think many of Li Yu's reputations were exaggerated. .

He nodded and agreed without thinking too much, more than ten pennies a day, which is stable, even if he went to the town to find a job, he might not be able to find such a fixed income job. If he didn't agree, wouldn't he have been kicked in the head by a donkey?

Li Yu is not afraid of being able to speak out, he will be known by others sooner or later, so what does it matter if he speaks sooner or later? Even if others know that yams can be eaten and made into cakes, they may not be able to make them. So there was no need to hide it at all, but he didn't know that this move changed Li Orion's view of him a lot.

Li Orion agreed, and Li Yu was also happy. The two clinked glasses and had a great dinner.

In the future, Li Orion will help dig yams, which will save them a lot of trouble. In the past few days, they will try to make glucose. If possible, maltose will also work. The honey he brought back has already bottomed out. How can they make money without sugar refills? He really couldn't bear to pay a high price for icing.

He discussed with Wen Jinbai that the yam cakes at home have not been sold out, so Wen Jinbai will go to the town to continue selling yam cakes by himself tomorrow. Wen Jinbai is already very familiar with the environment there, and Zhang Xiaoshun and the others will help , there should be no problem.

As for selling rose cakes and cakes, he only goes there every two or three days, which is plenty of time. Take advantage of this time to try making sugar at home.

The glucose process is more complicated, and some useful tools have to be customized, hey! Seeing that the money in hand may have to be spent again. It really can't stand the cost, but everything is difficult at the beginning, the initial investment is larger, and what you will earn in the future will be pure profit.

The house has been repaired, and I can't see the stars outside when I lie on the bed. Li Yu is still not used to it. It rained all night last night, so he didn't sleep much, and today he was tired after repairing the house, and soon Li Yu fell asleep.

Wen Jinbai beside him kept tossing and turning, unable to fall asleep, and turned sideways to stare at Li Yu's sleeping face, but Wen Jinbai felt very uneasy in his heart, and the scene in the morning kept repeating in his mind. Reminding him that Li Yu would no longer belong to him alone made him flustered, a feeling he had never felt before.

Will he marry her in? They, after all, Li Yu has always liked her, and he was just an accident, an ugly guy who was sold out, what more could he want? It's just, is it just that he really doesn't have any feelings for me? Yes, he has always been well-behaved, and he has never regarded him as his own daughter-in-law. The intimate actions of the husband and wife have never happened, and he does not want this to be the case.

The more Wen Jinbai thought about it, the more panicked he became, he clenched his fists, it turned out that what he expected was just a little bit of his affection. In the past, he hated Li Yu because he didn't regard himself as a human being. Later, Li Yu fell seriously ill after falling into the water. At that time, he was looking forward to his death. Once he died, he would be free. He didn't give him the medicine, and resigning himself to fate was the only thing he could do at that time. Later, Li Yu recovered from his illness, and he seemed to be a different person.

He didn't know when he changed his mind about him, whether he shared a bowl of porridge and rice for himself, or whether he smiled and said to himself don't be afraid, I will treat you well in the future.

Wen Jinbai was a little dazed, he was used to living a life like hell, as long as there was a glimmer of light, he wanted to treat it as a life-saving straw, just to make him live more like a human being. No one knows what kind of life he lived after his family fell into trouble. If he hadn't ruined his appearance by suicide and hoarse his voice by swallowing charcoal, he should still be laughing in the classroom at this moment, enjoying the joy under others, amidst thousands of people. Survive in the midst of insults and swearing.

His former title of being the head of the four princes of the capital attracted many people to come here admiringly. If he, who is the noblest and coldest of the four princes of the capital, can be made to succumb to his body and be crushed under his feet, they will all have something to brag about in their entire lives. The capital is gone. He had seen too many ugly men's faces, and he had made up his mind to kill him, but unexpectedly, he didn't die, but he was dumb and his appearance was ruined when he was rescued.

He didn't regret it, even if he was betrayed later, suffered from cold and hunger, was beaten and kicked by others, and his life was worse than death, he didn't regret it. Later, he learned that his eight-year-old brother was not dead, but he didn't know where he was wandering. He had a goal, no matter how difficult it was, he would live on and find his brother.

Being bought as a daughter-in-law and abused by others, he also wanted to live a good life, but Li Yu after a serious illness became the light of redemption, and he finally saw hope.

His small body shrank, and he approached Li Yu little by little. The bed is actually not big, and there is two arms' widths between them, but the two sleep in very regular positions. This gap has never been seen. cross over.

Now Wen Jinbai approached cautiously, as if the closer he was to him, the more secure he felt. He was careful not to wake Li Yu up.

However, Li Yu also seemed to feel the heat source, muttered a few words, Wen Jinbai did not dare to move, his whole body became stiff. In the next second, Li Yu turned over, stretched out his long arms, and unconsciously wrapped Wen Jinbai in his embrace.

Wen Jinbai's heart was pounding, and after a long time, seeing that Li Yu hadn't moved, he put his ear on Li Yu's chest and listened to his heartbeat.

'Don't marry someone else, okay? '

'Boom, boom, boom...'

'You said that the two of us depend on each other for life, so don't go back on your word! '

'Boom boom...'

'You agreed, remember, I am the husband you married. '

'Boom, boom, boom...'

'...' Wen Jinbai gradually fell asleep listening to the sound of his heartbeat. The corners of the mouth turned up inadvertently.