Chapter 42

Naturally, Li Yu didn't understand the twists and turns, and he still couldn't remember hearing the invitation from the master of the Chen family. He hasn't seen Mr. Chen in the mansion for so long, but now he wants to see him suddenly, what's going on?

Li Yu followed Chen Zizhuo to the study of the Chen Mansion, and Chen Lian was already waiting there. Li Yu had seen the ceremony, and then saw an old man sitting behind the desk, but did this person look familiar? Flipping through his memory, Li Yu is thankful for how powerful his photographic memory is. No matter how long ago it is, as long as he glances at it, recalls it deliberately, or sees related things, he will remember it clearly. It will not be blurred or forgotten by the growth of time.

This old man was exactly what he met in the restaurant with brother Li Feng back then. At that time they were talking about current affairs, but the old man overheard him, and then said some angry words of criticism. At that time, he didn't know who this man was. No one dared to answer the conversation, so they could only change the subject.

However, Chen Lian obviously didn't recognize Li Yu. He sized Li Yu up with sharp and shrewd eyes, and then asked Li Yu to sit down and talk.

Li Yu sat at the bottom of the table with a neither humble nor overbearing attitude, and Chen Lian nodded in satisfaction. This son is indeed a bit unusual.

"You are Li Yu? I heard that you are just a ruffian, but you are proficient in arithmetic, and you can see the big things from a young age, and you can see the big things in the world from the subtleties, but you don't know which one is the real you?" The words are straightforward, but every word hits the core.

If it was an ordinary person, they would have been frightened by his aura long ago, causing two wars. But who is Li Yu? In modern times, what big man has he not seen? So I don't feel anything.

Li Yu shook his head, as if he didn't agree with what Chen Lian said, "I don't understand any major events in the world."

Chen Lian caressed his long beard on his chin, and said with a meaningful chuckle: "Oh? Don't understand? I'm afraid this is not true. If you don't understand at all, why would you say that the current situation a few months ago? Rising, the north has no harvest due to the drought, there are countless refugees, and the southwest is full of bandits, you say that the world will be chaotic, but you don't know where you know it?"

"Huh?" Li Yu really didn't know that the external situation was so severe, Since Mr. Chen asked such a question, it must have been Mr. Chen who had already passed on his words. He glanced at Chen Zizhuo who was silent at the side, hey, I should have known what he was talking about.

Chen Zizhuo gently lifted the lid of the tea bowl, and took a sip of tea gracefully, turning a blind eye to Li Yu's eyes.

Chen Lian was still staring at him, and Li Yu laughed awkwardly, "It's obvious, anyone with eyes can guess it, the people depend on food, and the price of food is stable, naturally, there is nothing wrong with it, and the rise in food prices must be caused by a shortage Yes, but the shortage of food has created a factor of social instability, which is why the boy said this, but the boy is just guessing, and it can't be true."

Chen Lian sighed, and said with some concern: "It's just a guess , has seen farther and more clearly than the big shots in the court. Thanks to your guess, our Chen family was able to prepare food in advance. Now, many places outside can't buy food at high prices. Thank you very much Yes."

Facing Chen Lian's words, Li Yu smiled lightly, "The old man is too famous, but the boy is just a ruffian, and he is just heresy when he thinks what he has learned. Earning a little money to support his family is naturally not as good as reading sage books and listening to sages "

Heretics? If heretics can have such a great use and see through the world's major events, why stick to the books of the Four Books and Five Classics?" Chen Lian sighed.

Today's scholars, except for the orthodox sage books such as the Four Books and Five Classics, attribute all other knowledge to heretics, and even dismiss them. In his opinion, any knowledge, as long as it is useful, is not a great one. What about learning? That's why, as long as his children are interested in and willing to learn, he will not restrict them. Zhuo'er has been sensitive to numbers since he was a child, and he is obsessed with arithmetic, so he will try his best to be satisfied.

The outside world is dismissive of Chen Zizhuo's knowledge. They only say that this kind of heresy still takes time to learn. They really don't know what it means. Seniors, make fun of Chen Zizhuo, a brother who learns more about things like writing and calculating, in the future the management accounts of the palace back house will not make mistakes. Facing the doubts from the outside world, Chen Zizhuo ignored them and continued to act in the same way. It was also for this reason that when he met Li Yu who was better at math than he was, he met Lie Xinxi and paid a high price to obtain Li Yu's math method.

Speaking of it, Chen Lian's thoughts are relatively enlightened in modern times.

"I heard that you are going to take the imperial examination from now on?" Chen Lian asked after sighing.

Li Yu nodded, "Yes, the boy has this plan."

Chen Lian stroked his beard in satisfaction, and said with appreciation: "Although it's a bit late to start now, as long as you work hard, you will live up to this life. Put on a good inkstone, and I will give it to you, which is a wish for you."

"This..." Li Yu was startled, he naturally knew the value of a high-quality inkstone, but Mr. Chen gave it away as soon as he said it, but he Where did he dare to accept it, so he declined and said: "How dare you accept this inkstone so precious?"

Chen Lian said with a straight face: "Give

it from the elder ."

Chen Zizhuo covered his mouth and smiled.

Li Yu had no choice but to stand up, bowed and saluted, "It's better to be respectful, boy, thank you, old man."

Chen Lian also liked Li Yu, a young man, otherwise he wouldn't have given him such a precious thing when they met.

"Since you have decided on the imperial examination, then go ahead, no road will be smooth, even if you encounter setbacks, don't give up." Chen Lian taught earnestly.

"Yes! Boy, remember the teaching carefully." Li Yu said respectfully. He understood that this was a reminder of himself, and it was also the kindness of Mr. Chen, so he accepted it in his heart.

There was a smile on Chen Lian's serious face, he nodded and said, "Since you are going to take the county examination next year, can someone sponsor you for you?"

Now the imperial examination requires the joint names of four scholars and one scholar Only by recommending can you be qualified for the exam, otherwise you won't even be able to enter the exam room.

Where did Li Yu know this, and shook his head blankly, Chen Lian was also helpless, thinking about it, how could this half-way monk know this, and said: "Forget it, just study hard, I will ask someone to help you with these things That's right, when the time comes, you just need to enter the examination room and take the exam."

Li Yu was relieved when he heard this, and it must be settled after leaving the matter to Mr. Chen.

Saying goodbye to Mr. Chen, Li Yu left Chen's mansion with the inkstone in his arms. He was also planning to go to Xu Fangzhai to settle this month's share, and then prepare for the exam at home.

Not long after walking, I saw Li Feng wandering the street with a few younger brothers. Li Yu has been too busy these past few months, so he hardly got together with Li Feng.

Li Feng didn't expect to see Li Yu, so he came over with a smile and patted Li Yu on the shoulder, shouting loudly, "Brother Li, is it really you? Haha, why didn't you come to the town to find my brother? Let's go." , It was such a coincidence today that we two brothers went to drink."

Li Yu rubbed his shoulders, this rough guy, who didn't know the severity of his shots, shook his head and said: "These days are too busy, so I won't go to drink. Yes, there is something else to do."

Li Feng frowned, and looked Li Yu up and down, as if he didn't know him. Li Yu felt hairy when he saw him, and couldn't help asking: "Brother Li, what's wrong?"

Li Feng supported him with one hand. Chin, "Brother Li, is it true what the town said that you are going to be the

number one scholar ?" The imperial examination is not the number one examination."

Li Feng waved his hand excitedly when he heard this, "Hey! Isn't the imperial examination the same for the number one scholar? Brother Li, you are promising now, and you will become an official in the future Don't forget me, brother!"

Li Yu was speechless, but he still smiled and said, "Now I haven't written off my horoscope. When I really pass the exam, I will never forget you."

Li Feng laughed loudly Laughing, talking about my good brother again and again, it seems that Li Yu will be able to pass the exam tomorrow and become an official lord.

"Haha, it's been spread all over the town now. Some of them speak sour words. Labor and management can't stand it. If you beat me up hard, you'll be honest. Labor and management want to see who dares to say that my brother is wrong, Li My brother is the star of Wenqu, how dare you and other mortals disrespect him." Li Feng triumphantly asked for credit.

The two chatted for a while, and when they parted, Li Feng forced him to give him a few taels of silver, and told him to study hard, so that everyone in the town would have a look, would he dare to make sarcastic remarks?

Li Yu couldn't laugh or cry, but he remembered Li Feng's kindness to him in his heart.

When Xu Fangzhai arrived, he was dragged in by Xu Sheng as soon as he arrived at the door, and immediately asked about Li Yu's imperial examination. Li Yu was really helpless, why didn't he just take the imperial examination? Do you want to make such a big battle?

Knowing his helplessness, Xu Sheng could only shake his head and smile, "You, maybe you don't know yet, how surprised the outside world is that a ruffian wants to take the imperial examination. If I didn't know you, I would probably be like them ."

"What's wrong with the ruffian? Can't he turn his back on his evil ways and start a new life?" Li Yu sighed.

"I've never seen anyone else before. You're a different kind of person, aren't you?" Xu Sheng laughed at him.

Today's Li Yu really doesn't want to say another word. Everyone comes to ask him and question him, "It doesn't matter what others think, I just need to be myself. That's fine, I will read it carefully at home later. If you have any problems in the future, just send someone to my house to find me."

Xu Sheng gradually nodded his head, and decided not to bother him if there was no major problem. He said generously: "Then this month's share, I will ask them to send it up. I will give you an extra ten taels of silver, which will be counted as my brother's subsidy for your imperial examination fees. You study hard, and when you get your title on the gold list, you will be bright." Their dog eyes."

This time Li Yu didn't refuse again, "Then thank you bro." People like Xu Sheng are not short of money, if you refuse, it will make him have redundant thoughts. That's why Li Yu accepted his kindness without thinking.

Sure enough, Li Yu's unseen behavior made Xu Sheng happy. He patted Li Yu's shoulder and said with a smile, "Okay, okay. Celebrate."

Li Yu was noncommittal, took the silver taels handed over by the shopkeeper with a smile, thanked Xu Sheng again after checking that it was correct, and then left.

Along the way, Li Yu finally saw what it was like to be a popular figure in the public opinion center. He must have been on the headlines of the hot search by now.

"Look, isn't this Li Laosan? Hey! A talented man, he is going to take the imperial examination soon."

"Haha! This bastard Li Laosan really has no self-knowledge, hum! Taking the imperial examination? What does he think? Do you think an individual can take the exam?"

"Hey! You can't say that. What if the family's ancestral grave is full of smoke? The county magistrate is blind and admits him?

" , isn't he still a ruffian in an official uniform?"

"Hahaha... what you said is really..."

The author has something to say: thanks at 2020-06-2109:59:10~2020-06-2210:41: During the period of 14, the little angel who voted for me as the overlord or the irrigation nutrient solution~

Thanks to the little angel of the irrigation nutrient solution: 10 bottles of Pigeon Fool; 5 bottles of Angela;

thank you very much for your support, I will continue to work hard!