25.Spice

"Found one." Wrecker whispered, pointing his flashlight at a black crate full of spice. He walks over to it and picks it up, carrying it over to the rappel cord and attaching it to the hook. He yanks the cord, signaling to Hunter that it was ready to be brought up.

Cid and Alona walked deeper into the cavern, stopping in front of the second crate. Alona used the Force to carry it over to the second rappel cord, attaching it and sending it up to the Marauder.

By the time that one was up, the first rappel cord was being brought back down. Wrecker attached the third and watched it get pulled up. "Three left." He whispers, standing beside Alona and shining his flashlight around the widespread cavern.

Alona waved her lightsabers slowly across the room, spotting the fourth and fifth crates. She whistles to Wrecker and nods her head towards the spice. He walks over and grabs them both, only struggling for a few seconds before getting a good grip on them and sending them up the rappels.

They looked around for a few minutes, slowly starting to get concerned that they may end up short of one. Alona closed her eyes and reached out to the Force for help. She breathed in and out slowly, allowing her surroundings to tune out. A low ringing reached her ears and Alona followed the sound, allowing it to get louder and louder. She stopped in front of the last crate, smiling thankfully. It led her right to the spice.

    "Number six on its way." She whispered, picking the crate up with the Force. It levitates behind her, following her back to Wrecker and Cid. The clone attached it to the rappel and yanked the line.

The three of them hopped on top of the crate. Alona switches off her lightsabers, holding both in one hand while the other hand grabs onto the cord. They start ascending up out of the cavern just as the sun disappears behind the sand dunes.

There was a distant rumbling and then the familiar shrieks echoed throughout the large cavern. Hundreds of Irlings flew out of their home, circling the three people on top of the spice crate.

"Holy happabore." Alona mutters, standing on top of the crate and letting go of the cable. She ignites both lightsabers, holding one in either hand. She was hoping the other two would stay still so they wouldn't knock her off balance.

The Force user held one lightsaber behind her and the other in front, waving them around when an Irling got a little too close for comfort. Wrecker screams and starts waving his flashlight around.

"Stay still!" Alona shouted, almost falling off of the crate and decapitating Cid with her lightsaber. She slashes through a few Irlings, the burning smell of their insides absolutely horrid in her nose.

"Get us out of here!" Wrecker screams into the comm, not listening to Alona's orders. He continues squirming and Alona stumbles backwards, her foot tangling into the metal cord as she falls off of the spice crate.

Alona cries out in pain at the cord digging tightly into her ankle, but she keeps slicing through the Irlings in hopes that she, Cid, and Wrecker get to live another day. She pressed the button on her comm with her chin. "We need some help! I'm dangling upside down over an infested cavern!" She shouted to whoever was on the receiving end.

"Alona, what's going on?" Hunter's voice echoed. It must be too dark for him to see the horrid picture.

"Irlings. Lots of 'em!" Cid replied loudly. Wrecker started firing at the creatures, their screeches filling the cave.

Alona felt the cord dig further into her skin, surely drawing blood. It burned and ached, causing her to hiss in pain.

"This should distract them." Tech says into the comm.