7. 𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒂,𝒔 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅

SECRETS

1x09 𖦹𖦹𖦹 WOLF'S BANE

When Maddie opened her eyes she wasn't at all surprised to find herself lying in a hospital bed. The last thing she remembered was being tossed into the air by what she assumed was the alpha.

Her head was pounding as she looked around the room. Lydia was sleeping on a chair next to her.

"Lydia" she called, gently shaking her. Lydia's head popped up and her eyes widened when she realized she was awake.

"Oh my god! You're alive" she cried, leaning over to pull her into a hug. "Of course I'm alive. How did I get here? Where's Derek?" she asked.

"Don't worry about Derek. I don't know where he went but at least he had the sense to drop you off at the hospital after he attacked you" Lydia said.

"Wait what? Derek didn't attack me. Why would you say that?" Maddie asked, struggling to sit up in the bed.

"Scott said it was Derek. And the nurses said he brought you in before running off. He was covered in blood" Lydia told her.

Maddie was more confused than ever.

"Covered in blood? What else did Scott say?" she asked. "That Derek was the one running around killing people and the one that attacked us at school," Lydia said.

"You were attacked at school? Did you see anything?" Maddie asked. "I was with Jackson and Allison. Scott said Derek killed the janitor and was trying to kill us next."

"Did Scott tell the police this?"

"Yes."

"I'm going to kill him. Can you hand me my phone? Where's mom?" Maddie asked as Lydia handed her the phone.

"She went home to shower. It was my turn to stay with you. You were out for a few days" Lydia said. Maddie groaned, being reminded of the last time she was in the hospital for a week.

"Do you mind finding the nurse? I really need to know when I'm getting out of here" she said. Lydia nodded, leaving her alone in the room.

Maddie tried calling Derek but he didn't answer. She even tried Scott but he didn't answer either. Tristan was the only one who answered.

"You're awake!" was the first thing he said when he picked up. "Awake and very upset. Why did Lydia just tell me Derek's being blamed for all the murders?" she asked.

"Because that's the statement Scott McCall gave to the police. The sheriff's son even backed up his story."

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"What was I supposed to say? Their lying and it's actually a giant werewolf killing people?"

Maddie could hear someone talking in the back.