18. 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕

SECRETS

2x10 𖦹𖦹𖦹 Fury

2x10 𖦹𖦹𖦹 Fury

Maddie had called Derek a dozen times with still no answer. She checked and his car was outside and she was sure the kanima had something to do with this. She was about to call Tristan for help when Stiles called her instead.

"Stiles, this isn't really a good time," she told him. "Do you know a kid named Matt Daehler?" he asked.

"No? Why would I know who that is? Have you heard from Derek? He was here and then he just-"

"I'm gonna send you a picture of him and you tell me if you recognize him," Stiles said, cutting her off.

Maddie huffed in frustration as her phone beeped and she looked at the text he sent. Looking at the picture she realized she did in fact recognize him.

"Yeah. I saw him at the game the night I was trapped in the pool. He was taking a picture of me but said he was just trying to capture the field. But seriously, what does this have to do with anything?" she asked.

"We think he's controlling the kanima. You need to get to the station right now. Willow's already on her way" he said.

"Willow? Stiles I need to find Derek!" she exclaimed. "If Derek's missing and it's because of Matt then your best bet to finding him is to help us stop him," he said.

"Fine" Maddie huffed. "I'm on my way."

Maddie walked back into the train car to tell Isaac but he just nodded, having heard the whole conversation. "Go," he said. "I can take care of them."

Maddie looked at Boyd and Erica who seemed to have calmed down. "Are you sure?" she asked. Isaac nodded and Maddie gave him a small smile before leaving, heading straight to the police station.

When Maddie arrived, Willow was just pulling up too. "Hey, do you have any idea what's going on?" Maddie asked. Willow shook her head as they walked to the entrance.

"No idea," she said. "Tristan just called asking if I recongized this kid Matt. I didn't but he said I needed to come to the station anyway."

Maddie sighed as she reached for the door. "I swear to god, this better not be a waste of-"

She paused and froze as she looked at the scene in front of her. Tristan and Derek were lying on the ground, probably paralyzed. Scott and Stiles stood near him in fear while Matt stood across from them holding a gun.

"Oh my god! Tristan!" Willow shouted and tried to run to him but was stopped as a clawed hand grabbed her throat from behind.

Maddie turned and a flame emerged from her hand when she saw Jackson, half transformed.

"Ah, ah, ah" Matt said. "One little spark from you and I tell Jackson to rip her throat out."

"You've got to be kidding me" Maddie growled. "You're the one controlling him? What is it with the teenagers in this town?"