17. 𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒔

SECRETS

2x09 𖦹𖦹𖦹 PARTY GUESSED

"I'm saying we need a new plan, because next time, one of us is gonna be too hurt to heal," Derek said. After Scott was back to his full strength, Derek and Maddie dropped him off at home.

While they were parked outside his house, Scott decided he need to know what the new gameplan was. "I get it," he said. "We can't save Jackson."

"We can't seem to kill him either" Maddie sighed. "I've seen a lot of things. I've never seen anything like this. Every new moon's just gonna make him stronger" Derek said.

"But how do we stop him?" Scott asked.

Derek shrugged, feeling defeated. "I don't know. I don't even know if we can."

"Maybe we should just let the Argents handle it" Maddie suggested. Derek shook his head. "I'm the one who turned him. It's my fault" he said.

"Yeah, but you didn't turn him into this. This happened because of something in his past, right?" Scott asked.

"That's a legend in a book. It's not that simple" Derek said. "What do you mean?" Scott asked. "What are you not telling me?"

"Why do you always think I'm hiding something from you?" Derek asked him.

"Because you always are keeping something from me!"

Maddie scoffed and leaned her head against the window. "He's right." Derek wasn't exactly the most trusting person in the world. But then again, neither was she.

"Doesn't being part of your pack mean no more secrets?" Scott asked.

"Go inside, Scott" Derek sighed. "Sleep, heal. Make sure your friends are safe. 'Cause, the full moon's coming. And with the way things are going, I've got a feeling it's gonna be a rough one."

When Scott left the car, Maddie looked over at Derek. "Can I ask you something?"

When he nodded, she took a deep breath before she spoke up again. "The kanima. We don't think we can kill him. But he seems deadset on killing me. And if he does-"

"That's not happening" he stated.

"Just let me finish. If he does, I need you to promise me you'll look after Lydia."

"No one is killing you. I'm not letting that happen."

"Then just humor me, please? I don't know what's happening to her but I know that something's happening. And I need to know that'll she be okay. Just promise me. Please?"