15. 𝒌𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒎𝒂

SECRETS

2x05 + 2x07 𖦹𖦹𖦹 VENOMOUS + RESTRAINT

"A kanima?" Willow asked. "Yeah. Some sort of shapeshifter gone wrong or something" Maddie sighed.

"And it's after...us?"

"I think. I don't really know. I mean, Derek was right in front of it the other night and completely ignored him. Like he wasn't even there" Maddie told her.

"Have you seen it since?" Willow asked and Maddie shook her head. "Have you?"

"No. But between you and Tristan I feel like I'm on a 24-hour watch" Willow said. "Count yourself lucky. I wish Derek cared enough to do that for me" Maddie sighed.

"Don't say that! You know it's not true. He loved you. You're just going through a...rough patch" Willow said.

"It feels like more than a rough patch. It feels like something's breaking" she said and looked down at her ringing phone. "It's Stiles," she said before picking up.

"You need to get to the school. Now" he said, his voice panicked.

"What happened?" she asked, Willow, looking at her concerned. "Derek is going to kill Lydia," he said.

Maddie felt like the wind was knocked out of her as she glanced at Willow.

"No. No. He wouldn't...he wouldn't do-"

"Maddie. I know it seems crazy but seriously we're running out of time. You gotta get here" he said before hanging up.

Willow looked at Maddie who was growing pale like she might pass out. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"I don't- I think Lydia's in trouble," she said. Willow just nodded and grabbed her keys. "I'll drive. Come on."

By the time they pulled up to the school, they could see Derek, Boyd, and Scott out by the lacrosse field. Willow barely had time to put the car in park before Maddie ran out and over to the field.

"Derek!" she shouted, running up to him. "Please tell me Stiles is lying," she said, her mind nearly overcome with different emotions.

Derek looked at her, obviously upset that she was there but not surprised. He also looked guilty. Extremely guilty.

"Say something!" she yelled.

"She failed the test!" he told her.

Maddie shook her head, confused. "What test?!"

"He tested her in chemistry," Scott said. "Isaac and Erica, they fed her kanima venom.

"And nothing happen-" Derek could barely get the words out before Maddie slapped him across the face. She didn't know whether she wanted to cry, vomit, or burn something down.