13. 𝒑𝒊𝒄𝒌 𝒂 𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆

SECRETS

2x03 + 2x04 𖦹𖦹𖦹 ICE PICK + ABOMINATION

After getting Isaac out of the sheriff's office, Maddie and Derek took him back to the train station. He would have to stay there until they could figure out to clear his name. Until then, he was a fugitive.

Looking in a piece of shattered glass left down there Maddie strained her neck as she looked at the bruise that formed. "I'm really really sorry," Isaac said, coming up behind her. Maddie turned and gave him a small smile.

"Don't worry about it. Others have done a lost worse" she said, moving her hair over her shoulders to try and cover it. "I could have killed you," he said, terrified of himself and his new abilities.

Lifting up her hand she showed him a flame dancing around her fingers. "You could've tried. But I wouldn't of let you" she smirked. "How did you do that?" Isaac asked. "Can I do that?"

"No" Maddie laughed. "I'm not a werewolf. I'm a fire fairy."

Isaac nodded, trying to wrap his head around what his world had just turned into. "And you and Derek? You're together?" he asked.

"Um, it's kind of complicated. But I should go. I'll bring you some new clothes tomorrow" she told him.

Before she could leave he called out to her.

"There's someone else," he said. Maddie turned to look at him, not knowing what he meant.

"There's someone else who might want this. The bite."

"Who?" Derek asked as he walked over to them. Maddie wondered if he was listening to their entire conversation.

"Erica Reyes. She's my friend. She's sick. She gets these seizures. Like really bad ones" he told them. Derek nodded and left the room. Maddie gave one last smile to Isaac before following Derek.

"Derek-"

"You're on my side right?" he asked.

"What? Of course, I'm on your side" she said, wondering how he could even ask her that.

"Then help me. Meet me at the school tomorrow."

Maddie was silent as she thought about what she was getting into. Turning teenagers into werewolves. There were still hunters. There was whatever killed Isaac's dad. Full moons and learning to control your bloodlust.

But Derek was giving them a choice. And if Erica was sick like Isaac said and they knew a way to cure her, wouldn't it be wrong not to? Still, Maddie couldn't help the little voice in her head telling her she was still unsure and was only doing it for Derek.