16

"Your father was killed by Aleksander." Gio said making my eyes widen. 

"I-" I couldn't form any words. 

"Aleksander didn't like your father's decision when he gave the Mafia to my father. So he killed him and took you. No on suspected him." Gio said. 

"Why did he take me though?"

"To use you. He hated you but need you. So, he got you married to Abdyl. But his plan failed when he found out his son was an incompetent fool." Gio scoffed. 

Tears started pooling from my eyes. 

It all makes sense now. I couldn't be known to the public as Elenora Accardi only Cela. No pictures or paparazzi were allowed at our wedding or anywhere. 

I was about to get off the bed because I didn't want to cry more in front of Gio. But he grabbed my arm stopping me. 

I looked away from him not wanting to meet his eyes. So instead he pulled me into his chest where he couldn't see my face. 

"Cry all you want, but you're not leaving my sight anymore." Gio whispered to me as he kissed my head. 

Tears were falling from my eyes when I tightened my grip around Gio and he did too. 

We stayed like this for a while until I fell asleep. 

____________

Time skip - next morning

I woke up something pressed on top of me. I tried shifting when I heard an annoyed groan making me stop. 

I opened my eyes and saw Gio with his head in the crook of my neck with half his body on top of me. 

I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy his body pressed up again mine. 

I patted his arm to wake him up. "Gio, wake up." I spoke gently. 

He tilted his head up to look at me. "Fuck-" He groaned with his morning voice. "What?" I questioned him. 

"I can't wait to listen to your voice every morning waking me up. That damn sweet voice of yours." He said as he brought his head back into the crook of my neck and his grip on my waist tightening. 

I would be lying if I said his morning voice didn't have the same affect as his did to me. 

I guess we are pretty similar. 

"Gio, we have to get up." I said and he groaned annoyed. "Gio, you can't marry me if I don't sort out my divorce problem." I said trying to convince him but he chuckled making butterflies erupt in me due to our closeness. 

"I sorted it." 

"How?" I asked. 

"I told Armani to contact Abdyl instead." He said and I nodded. 

That was a better idea. 

"Wait where have you kept Fiona?" I asked him and he chuckled again. 

"In this home." He said and I instantly jerked up. "WHAT! HOW!"

He groaned laying on his back now glaring at me. 

"Yes, she's locked in the basement in this house. I know I'm smart." He said as I was still in a state of shock. 

"That is smart." I whispered without realising and he smirked at me. 

"Can I sleep now?" He asked me. 

"Do whatever." I said not paying attention. I was still amazed. 

But I was snapped out of my thoughts with Gio wrapping his arms around my waist making me lay down beside him, cuddling. 

"What are you doing?" I asked him. "You said I can do whatever." He said tightening his grip on me. 

"You really are a baby." I replied. 

"No I'm not." 

"Yes you are."

"Fine-

I'm your baby." He whispered near my ear sending tingles down me. 

That backfired-

Not the first time. 

Gio was staring into my eyes as I stared into his. 

How did we end up getting this close that now we are sharing bed, cuddling, and getting married? 

Gio's gaze shifted to my lips then back to my eyes as if contemplating if he should or not. 

Before he could act on it my phone rang. I pushed out of his hold, my feet meeting the floor as I walked around the bed grabbing my phone. 

"Who is it?" He asked. 

"Armani Rossi." I replied and he nodded. 

I picked up the call and sat on the couch, with Gio's gaze fixed on me. 

_

"Hello Elenora." Armani said through the phone.

"Hey Armani, what's the news?" 

"I mailed him the divorce papers and he said he wants his sister back." He replied. 

"How will the exchange go? He clearly won't give us the papers before he gets his sister." I asked. 

"We'll have to do an face-to-face exchange." Armani replied. 

"I don't think that would end well." 

"I know but we have to take the risk. We'll make sure to take the necessary precautions." He said. 

"Ok then. Thanks a lot." I said as I hung up on the phone. 

_

"Why you so stressed?" Gio asked. 

"What do you mean 'why are you so stressed?' A face-to-face exchange doesn't sound safe at all." I replied. 

"So, you have to take risks in the mafia."

"Risks as in risking people's lives? I don't want to." I replied honestly. 

Gio sighed getting up and sitting beside me. 

He held my hand and spoke. "Relax, the exchange isn't today so stop worrying."