23

3 days later

3 days later

Elenora POV

Aria was rummaging through my wardrobe deciding for an outfit for me to wear. We had decided to get a court marriage today and have the party at night. 

This was going to be a long day. 

I told myself that I would stay away from Gio but I fate keeps bringing us together. Also, I don't seem to have much of a choice. I'd do anything not to end up in the hands of Abdyl again. 

Anything-

"White, black or nude" Aria asked me about the colours. 

"I don't know. Traditionally brides wear white, but the party is at night so black would look better. But a nudey beige with glossy makeup would be hot." I said. 

"You can wear a simply white dress to the court and come back and change for the party." She said and I nodded. 

That would be good-

but effort. 

She got out a tight white dress and paired it with a jacket and white heels. I added a few accessories and did my hair and makeup.

 I added a few accessories and did my hair and makeup

Once I was ready I made my way downstairs. I saw Gio and Alonzo sitting in the living room so me and Aria joined them. 

Gosh this is so awkward and we aren't even married yet. 

I sat down with Aria beside me as I crossed my legs. Gio eyed my legs not even bothering to hide his looks. I grabbed the pillow beside me placing it on my lap. 

Pervert-

"You'll be my sister-in-law soon. How does it feel to have such an amazing brother." Alonzo said with a smirk. 

I smiled at him laughing lightly. 

"I'll still be the favourite." Aria said glaring at him. 

"Not true."

"Yes true, right Nora?" Aria asked turning to me. 

"You're both my favourites." I said making them both scoff. 

"You can't have 2 favourites." Alonzo whined. 

"Well then I'm her favourite. We don't have time so let's go." Gio said getting. The twins seemed to have shut up at the statement and I got up too. 

I followed Gio as he exited the mansion into his car. 

We sat in silence as he started driving. 

This awkwardness is killing me-

"This is your last change to back out." Gio said to me finally breaking the silence. 

"Same to you." I said and he sighed. 

"I don't go back on my word." 

"So instead you want me to?" I questioned him which seemed to annoy him. His hand around the steering wheel tightened. 

"What makes you think I'd want to get rid of you?" He asked as his jaw tightened. 

"You never told me other wise." 

"Just shut up Elenora. Gosh, I've never been this patient with anyone in my life. I WANT to marry you. So, I don't want to get rid of you. But, I asked you to make sure you don't feel forced in any way." He replied getting calmer at his own words. 

I stayed silent at his words no knowing what to say. 

What do I say? 'I want to marry you too but I'm a traumatised bitch so I'm afraid.'

Gosh that would be embarrassing. 

"Ok." I simply replied which seemed to piss him off even more. 

"Ok? Just ok?" He questioned now looking at me. 

"Gio, what do you want me to say? Huh? You know how I feel about your marriage."

"What if I say I don't?" He challenged me making me sigh. 

"Look Gio, I have nothing against you at all. You've helped me ever since you've came into my life and I couldn't be more grateful. But, the idea of marriage itself is what scares me. Not because of you, you know why." I replied to him honestly and he sighed.

"You don't have to worry. I'd never do anything to hurt you. Well intentionally, never."

"I trust you Gio. I hope my trust never breaks." I said looking at him as he looked at me too lightly nodding. 

We made it outside the court and got out the car. 

I internally thanked myself for not getting a grand wedding. I would have had a heart attack. 

We walked in as we handed our ID's and were giving directions to the waiting area. We sat down as I bounced my leg nervous. 

This suddenly feels really real...