27

I was woken up by the light shining into the room.

I squinted my eyes as I slowly adjusted to the lighting.

Once I had I looked around and saw the room was empty.

I sat up as I tried not to think about the letter. I felt extremely weak but managed to get out of bed.

That's when I realised my clothes. They're changed.

Who changed them?

He better not have-

The door to the room opened and Gio entered. He saw me and he walked towards me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked. I realised he had dark eyebags now which were not there when I last saw him.

"I'm fine." I said cringing at my own sore throat.

"I'll get the maid to make you a hot drunk for your throat." He said and I simply nodded.

He started at me for a while when I finally spoke. "Who changed my clothes?"

"A maid did." He said and I nodded as we simply looked into each others eyes.

We were in silence, and I broke it again. "Did you not sleep?" I asked him referring to his tired looking face and eyebags.

"Freshen up, you need to eat." He said ignoring my question.

"Gio-"

"Nora, freshen up." He repeated and walked out the room.

When will he ever open up?

I got up and realised that all my stuff was now in the closet too, making it much easier for me too change.

I showered and did my usual routine.

I decided to wear a crop top and joggers since I wanted to be comfortable.

I walked out the bathroom and went downstairs to see Gio sitting on the kitchen stool.

I sat beside him as he handed me my plate.

"Finish it all." He said in his commanding tone.

"Gio, are you ok?" I asked him. He looked at me then to my food.

"Eat." He said once again ignoring my question.

I sighed and started eating my food. He sat beside me doing some work whilst eyeing me from time to time.

That's when his phone rang. I saw that it said Alonzo.

Gio picked up and spoke. "Did you manage to hack in?" He asked.

I tapped his arm and whispered "speaker."

He sighed but obeyed.

"Yh, I hacked in. I gotta say it was not easy to hack into Abdyl's phone, clearly the Russians are protecting him." Alonzo said.

"Any location?" Gio asked.

"Yh, I found it. I'll send you the address. Be careful though, it's in a weird area."

"Ok thanks. Take care of Aria." Gio said as he hung up.

"Are you gonna go after him?" I asked.

I knew it was a stupid question but that's all I could think of right now.

He nodded.

"When?" I asked.

"I'll get it ready today. The sooner the better." He said but I shook my head.

"Not today, you need to rest."

"No, I'm going today."

"Gio-" He cut me off. "Elenora, do you understand how serious this is? He was so close to you. He could have killed you. But what I don't understand is why he didn't. He clearly has other motives and I'm not going to wait till I lose you to kill him."

He was afraid-

And not for himself but for me.

He was in pain, in fear of losing me.

He didn't want to lose me.

And why didn't I either?

I placed my hand on his. "Hey, nothing will happen just think positively." I said softly.

"If you want to go today then go upstairs and rest for a while. But I won't let you go if you don't." I continued and he nodded.

"Finish your food then come up." He said getting up and I nodded.

I started eating my food in silence trying my best not to think of everything that has happened.

It'll be over soon-

Don't worry everything will be fine.

I finished eating as I placed my dishes in the sink and walked upstairs.

I opened the door to the bedroom slowly and saw Gio laying on his side asleep.

I walked towards the bed slowly and silently and sat beside him. I patted his head lightly trying to comfort him.

I ended falling asleep myself in no time.