21

Giovanni POV

Giovanni POV. 

I sat on the kitchen stool eating my breakfast when her words kept replaying in my mind. 

'Love hurts. Their pain breaks you more than your own. It's painful. Caring hurts. Loving hurts. Sometimes physical pain hurts less than emotional.'

She's right. 

'Their pain breaks you more than your own.'

I need to stay away or I'll break her and I don't want to. 

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Alonzo entering. "Soooooooooooooo" He said. 

I felt like slapping him. I hate it when he does that. 

"I heard what happened. How long is Elenora staying for?" He asked. 

"I don't know." I replied and Aria walked in with Elenora. 

We made eye contact for a second and we both looked away instantly. 

"You know you might as well marry each other now." Alonzo said and I glared at him. "What made you thing of such an idea?" I questioned him. 

"Well, I know you're both gonna marry. And, now that she's divorced marry her and the Russians will leave Abdyl and then we kill him. It was Elenora's idea anyways not mine." He said raising his hands in defence at the last statement. 

"He has a point. You both agreed to get married, so you might as well do it right now." Aria said. 

"I don't mind ask Elenora." I said. My previous thoughts flying out of my head completely. 

Clearly 'staying away' isn't possible. So I'm gonna make this work. 

The twins eyes were on Elenora as she looked between the too helplessly. 

"Umm, sure." She said and the twins started cheering. 

"So when?" Aria asked me. 

"Wait a few days. Let me confirm." I said looking at Elenora. "I gotta go." I said and left for work. I'll have to speak to her when I get back. But before I could leave Aria spoke. 

"Gio-" She said. I knew she had done something, it was her tone. 

"What did you do?" I asked her in a warning tone as I turned around. I saw Elenora shiver slightly in the corner of my eye. 

"I umm- called your office and said your ill. I mean you are, look at you. Your injury needs to heal and you need to rest." Aria said. Something about this made me feel like she's lying. 

She was lying-

"You're lying." I said and her eyes widened. 

"No, I'm not. What makes you think so?" She asked me. 

"Your fiddling with you fingers behind your back. You're stuttering. You're bossy when it comes to stuff like this, not nervous. Also, you're eyes widened when I said your lying which confirmed it. Want me to keep going?" I said and she shook her head. 

I saw Elenora shuffle from the corner of my eye. 

"Everyone in your room." I said and they were all about to leave when I spoke again. "Not Elenora." 

Aria's eyes widened and she was about to speak but I glared at her and she left. 

Elenora was looking down fiddling with her fingers when I walked towards her, lifting her head by her chin. 

"You called my office, didn't you?" I asked her and she simply nodded which made me smirk. 

"And you asked Aria to say she did, yes?" I asked again and she nodded.

"You care." I stated and she stayed still. 

She didn't utter anything. Why wouldn't she speak? 

"Elenora, cat got your tongue?"

"No-"

"Then speak."

"What do I say?" She asked. 

I mean she's right. How could she reply to that? 

I sighed and put my hands in my pocket. 

"Will you marry me?" I asked her suddenly and her eyes widened. 

"We don't have much of a choice. It's either marriage or death."

"What if the marriage is worse than death?" She asked and I felt my heart breaking slowly.

 "It won't. Don't worry I won't get in your personal space when we marry." I replied coldly, I wasn't about to tell her how I feel anymore. 

"Ok, then let's get married." She said and I nodded. 

"Get ready, we'll get the ring today. Might as well do all the shopping too since I have the day off." I said and she nodded and left to get ready. 

I decided to loosen up too since I'm not going to the office. I took my tie off and by jacket leaving me in a black shirt and trousers. I put some rings on and grabbed the car keys. 

I sat in the car when Elenora also walked towards it and she sat in as I started the car. 

Their was an awkward tension in the car which I didn't like but I couldn't do much to fix it. This tension would probably be around us for a while. 

Tiffany & Co was a 35 minute drive so this would be a long drive. I need to start a conversation. 

"We might as well get some clothes for you since you'll be staying here." I said and she nodded. 

Speak god damn it-

"Do you know what type of wedding dress or wedding you want?" I asked her. 

"Let's just do a simple one." 

"We can't. The whole point is making sure the Russians and Abdyl find out." I replied. 

"What if they attack us on the wedding?" She questioned looking at me now. 

I looked over at her and the back at the road. I licked my lips then spoke. "We could do a private one then send them pictures. Or a court document." 

"Yh, let's do that. Get a court marriage, and send them." She said. 

"You expect me to send everyone in our mafia's our wedding certificate?" I mocked. 

"No, you can do small party after at home." She said and I sighed. 

"Ok, as you wish."

"You still need a ring and clothes though. So not discussing about that." I said and she nodded.