20

"Abdyl and the Russians." He said as my eyes widened. 

"W-when?" I questioned. "Today." He said and I made a confused expression. 

"Today?" I confirmed and he nodded. 

I released his face and took a step back as I cupped my hair in confusion. Nothing is adding together. 

"I was on my way to your mansion when you messaged me in the morning when they crashed into my car, causing the bruise. They tried their best to get me but I managed to race away from them." He said. 

"So they were after you in the morning." I started. 

"I usually finish work at 5pm but today I finished at 7 because of work load."

"So they thought I'd be home at 5 that's why they attacked the mansion." I said as all the puzzles started to fit together. 

"So they wanted to get both of us together." Gio concluded and I nodded. 

"Why the fire though?" I questioned. 

"Cause they're stupid. They didn't find you there so instead they took the watch and burnt the home." Gio replied and I nodded. 

I looked over at Gio who was already looking at me. I couldn't stop the concern in me as I looked at him, so worn out. 

I walked towards him and cupped his face once more. "When was the last time you got to sleep peacefully." I whispered.

"Don't worry, I'm fine." He says as holding my hands so they were now off his face. "Don't lie Gio. I'll kill you myself if you lie once more." I warned him and he chuckled. 

"What about you?" He asked me and I made a confused look. "What about me?"

"This whole incident Nora. I've never seen you this broken before. You're asking about my restless nights but what about you? You're so much more skinnier now and you look stressed. Broken. Hurt. Why?" He questions as he gets up and walks towards me. 

I start walking back as a reflex but he wraps an arm around my waist pulling me closer. That's when I realise that he's shirtless...

thanks to me.

I'm so stupid.

I bite my bottom lip.  

"Who's lying now?" He said. 

"I didn't say anything." 

"Your eyes tell everything."

My breath hitched at his words. 

"Tell me Nora, when was the last time you ate?" He asked me.

"Gio I'm tired-" I said wanting to not discuss this.

"Shhh, 

Answer the question."

I looked down which resulted in me looking at his shirtless chest so I turned my head to the side. "Yesterday."

"Yesterday when?" He further pushed. 

I sighed and spoke. "Yesterday evening."

"Why?" 

"I wasn't hungry." I replied truthfully. 

"Why?"

"What do you mean 'why' Gio? I wasn't hungry so I wasn't." I exploded at him now looking at him.

"No, you weren't hungry because you were stressed. I bet you didn't even remember to eat. That maid of your probably forced you yesterday evening." He said and my eyes widened. 

How did he know? 

"Are you spying on me?" I questioned and he shook his head. 

"I can know you Nora.  I realised the second I stood behind you whilst you cried in Aria's arms downstairs because you didn't notice me. You noticed everything before Elenora."

Tears were falling out of my eyes at his words. 

"Stop-" I said and he raised an eyebrow in confusion. 

"Stop what?" 

"Stop telling me you realise and you care." I replied. 

"Why?" 

"Because-

Because I'll fall for you." I replied honestly. He was slightly shocked by my statement. 

I placed my hands on his chest pushing him away, so I was out of his arms and I looked down. 

"What's wrong with falling for me Elenora?" He asked me. 

"It hurts."

"I wouldn't hurt you."

"Not you. Love." I replied honestly still not meeting his eyes. 

"Love hurts. Their pain breaks you more than your own. It's painful. Caring hurts. Loving hurts. Sometimes physical pain hurts less than emotional. And I don't want to be in pain anymore." I continued still not meeting eyes with him. 

"Is that your definition of love?" He questioned and I nodded. 

"Then I guess we need to stay away from each other. Or I'll fall in love with you." He said and my eyes immediately shot up to his. 

He was serious-

Not a single lie was visible on his face.

He left the room shutting the door behind him. 

What is happening to me? 

I sat on the bed with my heads in my hands. That's when I heard a knock on the door and a maid opened the door with a tray of food in her hands. 

"Sir said you must finish it all." She said and I nodded as she left. 

He cares-

And it might ruin us.

This was too much for me. I was catching feelings for him. 

I said it myself. 

'Their pain breaks you more than your own.' I said to him. 

That was my definition of love. 

But his pain hurt me more than my own.

Then does that mean I love him?