Tales of Athera: Wayfinder

She is sailing through uncharted waters. They are covered in darkness, literally, and are the edges of the map. They are colored gray, and the clouds above are black, thick with lightning and rain. On the back of her hand, a tattoo of a compass points north. It's an incredibly detailed compass, decorated with bees and honey and shells. Not unlike the necklace she wears around her neck. They shimmer in the sunlight and glow in the dark. When she was exiled, they gave her that necklace, shells covered in bioluminescent algae. Her ship is strong, but old, covered and wrapped in seaweed and kelp, scarred and rough. But it still sails true, and that's all she can ask for. 

She was exiled to explore the farthest reaches of the map, and to bring back something extraordinary. She has sailed for a long time now, and she has found nothing but ocean. She has also found remnants of ships just like hers. Skeletons wearing necklaces just like hers. She took up the remains and fashioned them to her boat. Now, the lost spirits of how many others who were sent guide and protect her. She sails into the storm, wearing her necklace and wielding her oar like a sword. She is ready for anything the storm can throw at her.