Tales Of Athera: The 6 Sisters Of Fate

"It's cold." Said Annunaki, shivering.  They pulled their coat closer.

"Well of course it would be." Said Mamitu. "We're here in January."

"Yes. We arrived here in January." Said Manat. "It will not thaw for another month, at least."

"By then, the body will be gone. " Said Namtar. 

"Looks like we're all here." Said Lelwani.

"Of course, why wouldn't we be?" Said Hutena.

"You." Said Annunaki. 

"Nice to see you too, dear sibling." Hutena. 

"Why're you here?" Lelwani. 

"Can I not mourn the loss of a parent?" Hutena. He motions to a body, trapped in stasis in ice. It was long dead before the ice had crept over the body. It was non-specific, the very face of this individual forgotten by the universe, replaced with a blurred image. 

"Where are the others?" Lelwani.

"They chose not to be here, they have their own story. Besides, there's only supposed to be six of us." Hutena.

"Hm. Even gods have gods." Mamitu.

"Come, let us mourn." Namtar. "All of us." He walked over to the body and kneeled. He placed a hand on the ice. He kneeled for a moment, then stood up. 

Manat was next. She walked to the ice and stared blankly at the body. She walked back.

Mamitu walked to the body. She placed a hand on the ice and closed her eyes. Then she walked back.

Annunakai walked to the body. They fell against the ice, and closed their eyes tightly. They shimmered for a moment, forms diverging, then reformed. They opened their eyes, face serene, and stood. 

Lelwani walked to the ice, and knelt, as if in prayer. He spoke an unintelligible language under her breath, then rose.  

Finally, Hutena. She walked to the ice and closed her eyes. The ice began to crack, the body inside with it. As it continued, Hutena clenched her hand more and more. Finally, in an ear-splitting crack, the ice and body shattered, spread into oblivion. She opened her eyes. 

"It is done."

"So it is." Lelwani. "Goodbye, siblings." She looked over each person. "I wish we could meet again at a better time, but we all know that will never happen." She walked to the edge of the cliff, looking out at his family. "Goodbye." With that, she disappeared, as if walking into a room unseen.

Annunakai nodded at the air once occupied by Lelwani and vanished too. 

And so, just as mysteriously as they came, The 6 Sisters Of Fate disappeared.