CHAPTER 11

After dropping Noah at his apartment building, Angelo drove off to his place. He watched the car until it disappeared from his sight. Grinning like a Cheshire cat, his fingers curled in a fist and he threw it in the air, hopping in the exhilaration of his first victory. Some people gave him a weird look but he ignored them. 

'Oh, fuck.' 

Suddenly, he remembered asking for Angelo's phone number totally slipped his mind. 

Disgruntled, he arrived back at his apartment. Leo's gaze turned to the telly to his master, staring at him momentarily.

"Master, who gave you this hickey—Are you cheating on Protagonist?"

"Huh?" Noah's brows drew together. "What are you talking. . . hickey—cheating?" He paused, his eyes widened, and then he dashed into his room. Standing in front of the mirror, his gaze flickered to the reflection of his—on his neck. Tugging the collar down, even though without tugging it, he could see a blatant—obvious deep and big red bruise—or a hickey, throbbing ever since he had gotten it. His cheeks went into flames with shame. At least, he knew the reason why Milo and his wife were staring at him with brightened eyes. But why Angelo would do this to him, Noah weighed up, being a bold idiot, he put his hand over Angelo's chest, feeling his heart racing wild against his palm, and then afterward the events compelled him to believe the man sexually attracted to him. 

Noah's lips curved into a bright smile.   

"Master, I don't like it if you are cheating on Angelo," Leo said in a serious tone. Noah told him that Angelo was the one who did this to him.

__

In the evening, when Noah was ironing clothes that he washed in the day, he received a text from Augustus.

Augustus- some shady people created chaos in Mrs Garcias place

Since Noah had been in Paris,  Angelo's little brother had been giving him news about Dorothea like a good associate: Some men came a few times to threaten her and other tenants to evict the place. Nothing other than that. Augustus had asked him once, "Do you think her life might be in danger?" Noah answered him truthfully, "I'm afraid so." In the story after this incident, Dorothea died the next night. And Noah had to stop Dorothea's death, but Angelo's men would guard the place, he should be at ease.

Noah- How did it happen?

Augustus - Mrs garcia didnt seem ok so I asked her the reason and she told me that some guys came to her telling her she requested mending her place's electricity and water problem but they made a mess of the place and ran away do you think it was done by that Jerks hooligans. 

He typed quickly to reply.

Noah-I am not sure.

The jerk Augustus was referring to was no one other than John Carter. He'd seen John around there who was working on Antonio's order, but Augustus might know John was Antonio's guy if he had snooped on the the matter of the tenants fully. 

Augustus- By the way when are you coming back you didnt even tell me what you are doing in Paris I thought you were going to court fratello are you not interested in him anymore

Augustus had told him once to ask his brother for a date. The boy was damn sure that his big brother would agree to date him. Noah wondered what made him so certain. He also asked him about it, he said he just knew with a shrug. 

Noah- just came back last night. And I asked him for a date and he agreed, but I forgot to ask him for his contact number.

Noah got another message. It was Angelo's number. And he sent him a thank you with a smile.