CHAPTER 19

The slightest touch made the guy blush. Angelo thought he should have refrained from impulsively touching him. "There was something on your face," he said. 

Noah stiffly nodded. "Thanks." His cheeks turned slightly reddish as he perceived that Angelo indirectly kissed him, but he quickly regained his composure. Yet it was futile when the man saw him blushing in the daylight. But he was glad Angelo didn't tease him about it. 

Throughout the lunch, Noah focused on eating in the silence between them, but his mind was uproarious, full of Angelo's thoughts. 

 'You are flirting with me—if this is how flirting is done . . . Angelo, you like me? Or I am seeing what I want to see.' Noah was not much of an observer when someone would flirt with him, but he was grasping over a little bit since he had watched romantic movies and read books these days. Noah wouldn't be able to tell that Angelo might like him unless the man himself would declare it to him.

After they had had lunch, the attendants came back and took the tableware.

"Are we going back?" Noah asked when Angelo rose from the seat while taking his phone from the table.

"Not now," Angelo said without glancing back at him as he typed something across the screen.

Noah took this time to check the man out: he was in casual wear today instead of in a business suit. He was wearing a pair of Denim jeans and untucked a loose white cotton linen shirt, leaving two buttons open from the collar. Those sleeves rolled up over his muscular arms—the previous night, these hands holding him in a kind he hadn't held ever. Instantly and suddenly, Noah looked away from him and stared at the olive tree at the far end of the swimming pool as it held a certain interest.

'Stop thinking about the night-about him. This might be nothing to him except helping a miserable person in need.' The assumption left a bitter taste in his mouth. He despised the notion of Angelo helping anyone in this kind of need.

Angelo put the phone behind in his pocket and smiled as he overheard his doleful thoughts. "Noah."

The guy glanced back at him and asked him, "Who were you talking to?"

'Tell me, it's not your girlfriend, please.'

"Calvin."

"What were you talking about?" Angelo could have called him here and talked to him.

"Telling him to finish the business before going back."

Noah wanted him to ask what kind of business. He might not answer him when he had spoken indistinctly already.

"Noah, take a walk with me," the man said. 

Noah stood up.  

They walked alongside each other in the shade under the pine trees. Noah's breath would stick in his lungs whenever their hands brushed against each other. He felt giddy—he was over the mood. Yet to have mercy on himself, he put a little bit of distance between them. The amber leered at the splendid blue ocean profoundly. However, it was not the ocean which held his interest. It was the man beside him, which held his foolish interest.

'Just confess your feelings to him, idiot.' Noah's heart butt in the silence. 'Fuck off, you stupid heart. You know nothing about this kind of stuff when to tell or not.' He scolded his heart and demeaned it.

'As if you are speaking with experience. You should tell him. No one knows when you get such an opportunity.' That's right, what's stopping him? Nothing. He might not get the chance when they weren't even dating.

Noah's hand reached up his neck and rubbed it, he was nervous and excited. He glanced back at Angelo's side profile, he was smoking. "Angelo."  

Those blue eyes glimpsed at him. "Hm."