4 ¦ Deeper than the Titanic

Fucking school bag...

With way too much force, I threw my school bag on the floor next to my bed and threw myself right after it. Of course I didn't jump on the floor, but on my bed, but I felt similar to how my bag must have felt.

My cell phone made a short sound and frantically I reached for it because it could only be Heeseung. He always texted me when he hadn't managed to say goodbye to me at school.

So I expected a: See you tomorrow, Stel. But I got something completely different.

I need your help. Be with you in 10 minutes.

I answered with a simple okay and got up from my best friend... From my bed. Tying my hair up into a high bun and keeping my eyes on my feet, I trudged down the stairs.

In the living room, on the sofa I recognized my grandma, who had been standing in the kitchen earlier, busy with a cake. "Is it okay if Heeseung comes in a minute?"

She turned to me and faced me with the same eyes. The light brown eyes that everyone in our family possessed. "No problem, but why is he coming?" "I don't know that either. He just said he needed my help."

I toyed with the idea of telling him about my feelings when he was here. I mean, he was now at my house and the worst that could happen was that he would reject me.

I plodded into the kitchen, grabbed the fruit bowl, which only had grapes in it today, and walked back towards the stairs with it. However, the doorbell rang and I performed an about-face to receive my crush.

With one hand I opened the front door for him and was happy about his beautiful laugh that he just gave me. My grandmother beat me to it and intervened. "Hello Heeseung. Nice to see you again."

He grinned down at her and had his cheek pinched as she took my grapes away with her shaky hands. "Eh... Hello, my grapes?" I walked after her and heard Heeseung laughing at the behavior of my grandma and me.

"Your grapes are actually my grapes. I bought them." I was about to take the bowl from her again when she turned away from me and exhaling loudly, I looked to Heeseung, who had his arms folded across his chest.

"Never mind. I'll eat it later," I grumbled, pulling him up the stairs to my room. "What do you need help with?" I plopped down on my bed and then sat down cross-legged as my best friend squatted down next to me, nervously playing with the sleeves of his hoodie.

"It's about a girl..." My heart sank at least as low as the Titanic. If not even deeper... "Aleyshia?" His eyes snapped up and he looked at me in surprise.

"Melissa knows everything, and everything Melissa knows, I know." I smirked and the gray-haired man in front of me blushed. "That's exactly why I come to you and not her. I think I can talk about it better with you."

Full with hope, he looked at me and a glint appeared in his eyes. Why was I plagued by the thought that this twinkle would never be for me?

I swallowed and rubbed my face briefly. "You do realize that I'm not needed on issues like this, right?"

"She wants to meet the team and I know how bad it can be for a girl not to know that. So I'm talking about the dirt, the bikes, the noise and especially the guys. You're comfortable in that environment and I was wondering if maybe you could come then too so she could have female support."

My mouth? Yeah, it was wide open.... "Sorry... what?!"

Heeseung was visibly unsure and I didn't know if he was serious. "You don't have to and you probably don't have time. I'm sorry I asked you that."

I shook my head. I was his best friend and this was the least I could do. "When?" "Tomorrow night..." The brown-eyed man looked at me innocently and rubbed his upper left arm.

"But if she wants to run, I'll let her," I joked, being pulled into my arms by my crush. I giggled and closed my eyes, grinning.

"Tell me, how's it going with her anyway?", I breathed as I laid on my back and looked up at him. "Pretty good..." I turned onto my stomach and looked at Heeseung curiously.

"Just okay?" He nodded miserably and rubbed his face. "She's great and I really think it's going to be something serious. At least I hope so." His expression reflected true hope and I gulped as I thought of my own feelings.

"Don't rush it, playboy. Girls like to have a challenge in front of them." Honestly? I don't know if that was true or not, and I couldn't care less. I just wanted to slow him down so I could work out another little chance.

"What about you? Anyone in your sights?" An honest smile graced his lips and I caught myself looking at them a few seconds too long.

Afterwards, though, I shook my head and played with my fingers. "Not really... Well..." I struggled against myself.

Heeseung looked at me kindly, waiting for me to continue talking. His gray hair fell playfully into his forehead and it reminded me of a silver that seemed priceless.

My brain was completely fucked.

I took a deep breath and wanted to confess my feelings to him. Yes, that's what I would do now. I was determined. "I have to tell you something-"

We both winced as his cell phone began to ring and Jay's laughter was on the display. Apologetically, my best friend looked at me and picked up.

Jay's voice could be heard all the way to me and it was about a school project. I didn't want to hear more than that, though, as I was lost in my own world. I had just wanted to tell him....

Should I be happy that we had been interrupted or should I be upset?

Heeseung said goodbye to Jay and let his cell phone slide back into his pocket. "What did you want to tell me?"

I could tell he had to go and tried to block out my serious demeanor from earlier. "I wanted to tell you that I'd be happy to help you with Aleyshia. I can help her tomorrow. I have no problem with that." A/N: You liar...

The gray-haired man had turned away from me, as something had fallen to the ground from him, and this was just as well, because towards the end of my sentence, you could tell from my face that I didn't want to help her at all.

"That's really great of you!" Heeseung came up to me and wrapped me in his arms for a moment. "Were you trying to mess with me earlier or something? You looked like you were confessing your love to me or something." He laughed and I joined in.

"Of course. I'm madly in love with you, Hee." I followed him down the stairs and watched as he said goodbye to my grandma and grinned sweetly at me again.

"We'll talk about it again tomorrow at school," he said, then disappeared behind the gray front door. Sure enough, I was happy to help my crush score with a girl....

I ignored my grandmother's questioning look and walked back into my room. There I couldn't help it and dropped onto my bed like a sack of potatoes.

Tortured, I then struggled to my feet and pulled my knees to my chest.  Concentrating on keeping my emotions in check, I stared at the pictures on my desk and skillfully blinked the thin layer of water out of my eyes.

Crying wasn't really my style... and I hated it because it made me look weak.

A/N: Should she confess like fr?