23 ¦ Friends can kiss eachother

In the meantime, a little more controlled, I squatted on the bed in my room and thought about Heeseung's words. My gaze was lowered and I kept dabbing little tears from my face.

"It sounded so real...", I mumbled under the little handkerchief and then fixed the hazel brown eyes which belonged to that person who had found me in the living room completely drained and crying. "What if it is real after all and I hurt him like this?"

The sigh that escaped Jake's lips was only very soft, and he knelt down in front of the bed to interrupt my eye duel with the floor, and took one of my hands in his. "You know..."

Once he had my attention again, he rose and squatted on my bed as well. "I don't always want to say that he's a bad person and just wants to take advantage of you. I myself don't know if he's playing it or if it's true either."

For the first time, I saw a thoughtful look on the Spaniard's face, and I drew my lips together into a line. "I don't want to seem childish, but maybe we should just make him tell the truth," he said. "What do you mean?", I asked him, completely confused.

"And if he doesn't tell it, then let him show it unconsciously." Jake was now completely lost in his thoughts and didn't hear me at all. "And what better place to show it off than at a party?" I was about to say something when Einstein just kept talking in front of me. "Exactly. Nowhere."

"JAKE!" He winced as my voice echoed loud and determined between the walls of my room. "What are you trying to say? What's he doing at a party?" I had forgotten by now that I had gotten so upset earlier, which I partially blamed on Jake and his behavior.

"There's a party tomorrow night. Don't ask me what the guy's name is who's throwing the party, but it doesn't matter. Anyway, the whole team will be there, and if Heeseung doesn't know you're there too, he might start something with a girl."

I was really starting to wonder where the Spaniard always got his ideas from, but I kept quiet since he wasn't done yet. "That is, of course, if he's faking it all for you." "That means we're going to a party together tomorrow?", I inquired suspiciously and my counterpart nodded. "Exactly."

TimeSkip:

"Are you sure you want to go to this party today?" Melissa accompanied me to The Sim because we desperately wanted to do something together, but I wanted to go back to work. So my best friend insisted that she would help me today.

"I mean, you shouldn't forget your feelings for him. You know that if he really touches another girl, it will hurt you." I nodded as we left the tramway. "But I'd rather it be that way than him actually continuing to pretend to love me and then ripping my heart out."

Melissa agreed with my argument and I smiled at the butler, whose name was Riki by the way. "Hey, Riki." He started to grin and opened the door for me. "Hello, Estela." He also nodded to Melissa, who looked at me all puzzled when we entered the restaurant.

"How come the butler knows your name?" "Because he's a cool guy." Cayetana appeared in front of us and smiled kindly at us. "I see you brought yourself some reinforcements today," she smirked, introducing herself to Melissa, who had suddenly become quite shy.

It wasn't until Cayetana had told me what I was supposed to do today and then left that my best friend dared to open her mouth again. "Why is she being so friendly?"

I laughed up and tossed the brown-haired girl a staff blouse. "Just because she owns this restaurant doesn't mean she has to be arrogant and unfriendly. You've definitely been spending too much time on Wattpad."

Caught off guard, she pouted and defended her pastime. I merely shook my head and tried to get my thoughts in order, as I wanted to finish a little faster today because I also wanted to get reasonably dressed up. I didn't have a specific goal at the party, but I still wanted to look good then.

"Well. Anyway, she looks familiar to me somehow. Like I've seen her face before." Melissa accepted the rag and began cleaning the counter top. "She's the owner. Of course her face looks familiar." I too picked up a kitchen towel and helped my friend. "But I think she looks so familiar to you because she looks like Jake."

As if I had thrown the rag in her face, she stopped and looked at me with wide eyes. "That's right. He totally looks like her- wait."

As if it finally clicked, her mouth opened slowly, like a garage door. "Is she his mom?" I merely nodded, and Melissa looked around. "You're telling me the idiot lives here and still goes to a fucking normal school?"

"Just because his parents live luxuriously doesn't mean he has the desire for luxury too," I defended him and continued to preen. "You guys are actually totally getting along," Melissa suddenly stated, causing me to pause my cleaning.

I grumbled something to myself, as I had only been waiting for those comments. "Yeah, well, good friends get along," I countered her attempt to convince me that Jake and I could be more.

She was right. There was always a chance of that, but as you might see at the moment. I was still attached to Heeseung and seemed to find it pretty hard to get away from him as well. Jake had become something of a new best friend and I was generally quite grateful to him.

"Friends can kiss each other, too," Melissa brazenly followed up, playfully raising an eyebrow as I swallowed loudly. "Friends can also kill each other," I said then, licking my lips. "And just a reminder. You and I are friends." I pointed first at her and then at myself.

The brown-haired girl quickly understood what I meant and went quiet. "You could still try..." I rolled my eyes, ignored her muttering and continued cleaning. Silence got me into the all too familiar maze in my head.

My thoughts consumed me completely and I thought about Heeseung, Jake, and me. Melissa's words made me partially realize why she was bringing this up in the first place. The friendship between the Spaniard and I had really come together quickly. Almost too quickly... I now wondered why.

Was it Jake his pity towards me or had it just fit? If I believed in fate, I would now claim that Jake was some kind of guardian angel. He had saved me from embarrassment, comforted me when Heeseung had trampled on me, and on top of that, he had helped me out of uncomfortable situations.

So I was convinced that I had to meet the Spaniard. No matter when, but he seemed to understand me so well and also I could usually tell when something was bothering him. It was almost creepy...

Nevertheless, I was also aware that our relationship was purely friendly and that didn't bother me at all. Sometimes a good friend was much more important than a good lover.

At the moment I had enough of love anyway, because it still pressed me into the ground with both hands and tried to suffocate me.

A/N: What do we think about this party thing?