38 ¦ Him and I

ОК... Why hadn't this idiot woken up yet?

His parents had already left and alone I was sitting next to his bed. His curls stood tangled from his head and he wore a breathing mask that helped him breathe with his bruised lungs.

According to the doctors, the Spaniard was doing really well and it seemed that in a few weeks at the latest he wouldn't feel a thing.

I couldn't really believe that. The idiot had broken ribs and a broken collarbone. He would remember that shit forever.

I started to grin as he wrinkled his nose in his sleep because he had a strand hanging down.

I rose from my seat, leaned against the bed, and stroked the curl back for him. His nose had calmed down and the Spaniard exhaled calmly as he probably continued to dream with pleasure.

A large band-aid stuck to his left temple. It was a little reddish, which meant to me that it had not yet completely healed.

Abuela was currently in the operating room and would be starting surgery soon. I had seen her briefly earlier and wished her good luck. I hadn't said a word about Jake because I didn't want her to be stressed going into surgery.

I knew Abuela. She would be worried. Even if Jake wasn't a family member. She would worry her head off about it. She had an extremely big heart and I was so relieved to be able to help this one.

To be honest, I was quite confused. I couldn't understand in retrospect why I had helped Aleyshia. Maybe I just wanted to put an end to it all....

Inwardly, I was striving for the well-being of every person, but it was quite ironic that the two most important souls in my life were in the hospital.

Exhausted, I laid my head on the Spaniard's bed and closed my eyes. Why wasn't he awake yet? I had so much to tell him...

My patience was running out faster and faster and I sat upright again. "I swear, if you don't wake up tomorrow, when you do eventually get up, I'll knock you right back to sleep."

I threatened him playfully, hoping that maybe for some reason he would suddenly wake up like in those movies. But when the Spaniard didn't move an inch, I sighed out in disappointment.

"Then I'll just talk at you until Abuela's surgery is over."

With those words, I slid closer to his bed and rested my forehead on the clean mattress. My head touched the outside of his right arm and a gentle tingling sensation kept me from dozing off in a hurry.

"I had a talk with Aleyshia yesterday, and I think I even did some good." Thoughtfully, I lifted my head again and supported it with my bent arm. My eyes searched for any movement on his part, but nothing....

"She was crying on the roof, telling me that Heeseung meant something to her after all."

The freckles under his eyes and on his nose had become more prominent in recent days.

"I told her to give it some time and maybe get to know him in other ways first.... Friendly, for example." Yes, guys and girls could be friends. There was really nothing against it, but if it fit, more would then develop on its own.

"Personally, I would never have expected this statement from me, but there you see what feelings, awareness and clarity can do to you."

Honestly, I don't give a shit how you find each other. If it's fate, you might as well take the damn detour. Jake and I are a very good example here.

Where as I had caused the wrong turn. I think the Spaniard would have already taken the right turn, but he had been so caring and followed my missteps. He had accompanied and supported me, even though he knew it was just a stupid detour.

I was even grateful to him now that he had left me alone recently. It had opened my eyes. It had brought back the order in me.

"Thinking off these things, I could punch myself. Now that I think about the last few weeks, I just see how important you've become to me. It all makes sense, too. Why else did I feel so comfortable with you? Why else can't I forget that one night?"

I reached around his wrist and ran my thumb over his soft skin. "My confusion hadn't come to me. I had caught it myself. On my own, I had twisted everything in my head."

His chest rose evenly and I wondered if he could hear me. But I could always care less. I talked about it because it did me good and especially because it gave me the feeling of being with him. It didn't matter if he had his hazel eyes open and staring at me.

"Now I'm back on track, wanting to show you how much I like you, and you, Master are laying knocked out in the hospital."

A soft smile graced my lips as I let go of his wrist again and stroked his cheek. "Melissa was right. This boy and I would be anything but normal."

I climbed onto the edge of his bed and silently played with his cute curls. I was so glad I could finally see clearly. I finally caught sight of what kind of boy was in front of me. I was no longer wearing blinders and realized what I had been cheekily missing from my self-created drama.

My eyes scrutinized his face and I seemed to perceive him very differently. Not only emotionally, but also visually. Even though it didn't matter at all how he looked and I mostly liked his character, he was more than just attractive in my eyes.

The light complexion of his skin, the cute birthmarks, perfectly shaped cheekbones, a cute snub nose, big eyes, enviable eyelashes and damn inviting reddish lips. A/N: Yes Estela we get it, he is beautiful in every way...

My fingers traced his contours and finally my hand followed his prominent jawline before pulling back a bit.

This guy had fucking done it to me. I seemed completely befuddled even though I was just looking at him.

Fuck, Estela... You're just as fucked as Heeseung was when he was with Aleyshia. I made fun of myself, but didn't fight it.

So I was in love. What are you gonna do about it, huh? A/N: Nothing lol

With a quivering heart, I pushed myself up from the bed, stretching my spine for a moment as I turned to the Spaniard again.

He was laying there quite peacefully and it seemed to me that he was not feeling any of his pain at the moment. That relieved me and carefully I leaned down to him.

I didn't want to risk it and made sure that his breathing mask stayed nicely in place. Again, I ran my fingers through his hair and closed my eyes as I pressed my lips against his cheek.

I left a feather-light kiss on his warm skin and before I stood back up, I rested my forehead against his. "See you tomorrow."

A/N: My dear friends we got two chapters left and i'm sad cuz i don't wanna finish this story. :-(