23

"Tell me what happened," His whispers echoed through my head. I could tell that he was concerned for real, he didn't just want to find out because of control or curiosity.

I breathed deeply. There was only one right thing to say. The truth.

My chest pounded. I looked him in the eyes.

"He hit me," My words came out so quietly. But they did leave my mouth.

Brandon looked confused, I could tell that he didn't hear me correctly. He looked at me more intensively to try to read my soul, but I glanced away out of shame.

How was I supposed to explain myself? He didn't know anything about me and Donald.

"What? Someone did this to you?" His eyes turned black with color as he rumbled my words. The only thing he needed now was confirmation.

A stinging feeling appeared behind my eyes. I knew this situation would turn into a mess of emotions within the nearest minute, and since Brandon was so extremely wayward with his reactions, I had no idea what to expect.

I looked up at him again without caring about my tear-filled eyes.

"He was drunk. We got into an argument," I kept my voice low.

I witnessed the tension in his jawline as he bit his teeth together. The fury was crawling up on him already.

He let go of his lovesome hold, lowered his eyebrows, and postured his body to let the testosterone come through in every vein. His body was preparing him for the rage.

"Who, Beverly? WHO are you talking about?"

He dominated me. I was just driving the moment further out of repudiation, but deep inside I knew that this was going to turn into a literal hearing.

"Donald Conolly," I didn't realize my voice could get even more silent.

Carefully I looked at Brandon who was completely filled with confusion.

"The guard?" He gestured with his eyes to substantiate his diffusion.

I had no idea how Brandon could know who Donald was since he was just an entrance security guard and very rarely appeared around the inmates. But one part of me was not surprised that he knew. Brandon had a strong issue with control, and with his seductive way of manipulation, I bet he could get information about anyone in this institution.

I just nodded my head. There was no need for a verbal answer.

"Why the fuck would a hospital guardsman do that to you?" Brandon tried to have hold of his patience. I knew he couldn't remain in the confusion, he needed answers first.

"He was not the man I believed him to be. He thought that he owned me," I explained carefully.

"Wait what?" Replied Brandon.

I had to be careful now to spare the already heated atmosphere.

"I spent some time with him during my absence from here. I was in need of a rebound, and he appeared to be the perfect target since he refused to stop asking me out,"

Brandon looked at me with an empty expression. He wanted me to keep talking.

"I was hosting a party and he showed up, and that was when his true self came through," I finished.

I heard a loud sigh coming from Brandon's lungs, and I watched his Adam's apple move as he swallowed hard.

"Did he force himself at you?" He fought to speak out those words, in fear of hearing the answer.