F i v e

Unknown Number
Good night and sweet dreams, darling.

I stare at the message in wonder. Who's this and why is this person texting me at this time? And, darling?

A shiver runs down my spine.

Me
Who is this?

I lay back down with an unsettling feeling as I wait for the response. A second later my phone goes off.

Unknown Number
Who else will dare to call you darling except me?  One who doesn't fear death ;)

I blink. What the heck? I immediately block whoever this freak is and lay back on the bed.

Wait, this person can't be...

No, right?

If it was one of the criminals, they wouldn't have messaged like this, right.

No, no. That's absurd. It's not them. It can't be. It's probably a prank. That's it.

They did not see me. They did not see me.

With this mantra repeating in my head, I force myself to sleep.

°•°•°•°•°•°

“Noorie, please help mee!” I whisper, shaking her hand beside me, having no clue what I'm doing in this Economic class. She turns to me with an irritated look but softens her eyes in a second.

These subtle changes of behavior in my friends remind me back to that night which I try so hard to forget and the overgrowing guilt that comes with it.

Do I deserve to be happy after being so selfish? Do I deserve to go back to normal?

“What do you not understand?” She breaks me out of my thoughts. I sigh, pointing to the three multiple choice questions that have drained me completely.

She starts explaining to me and I try my best to focus.

Manal and Layla stick their heads in between, trying to get the answers as well. Noora glares at Layla and leans past me to smack Manal on the back of her head. “You guys are doing it on your own. I'm only helping Insha.”

“Oh come on!”

“You're so heartless!”

I laugh. “Shoo shoo now. Use your own brains kids.”

They roll their eyes and focus on their own worksheet but I know for a fact they are gonna discreetly look and get the answers nonetheless.

Suddenly, something hits the back of my head. I immediately look back and get shocked looking at Zayan behind me. When did he get here? He wasn't there when class started.

Of course, he probably got late again and sneaked inside from the backdoor of the classroom.

I raise my eyebrow at him as he looks at me with... a little anger? Huh? I give him a confused look. His jaw is clenched and he looks away.

Dude. If you didn't want to say anything, why did you throw the paper or whatever that was at me? I swear this guy is actually insane. i shrug, deciding to ask about this after class and focus back on the damn worksheet.

Ya Allah, who even invented economics?

"Alright class, once done with the worksheet, please put it on my desk." Ms Jasmine speaks up. "Other than that, we'll be starting your assignments from today. Bear in mind,  as usual, these assignments contribute as 30% to your final grade so I believe you all know how important it is. That said, I will be assigning you to your respective partners now. I will not tolerate any objections. Just deal with it." She says with a smile. Okay.