N i n e ~ p a r t t w o

"Why are you here?" It's the first thing I ask Zayan when I spot him in the hallways for our first class. "You should rest, you idiot."

He smiles as he leans forward, putting a hand on the lockers beside us. "Ah, I love it when you worry about me so much."

I roll my eyes and ignoring the sudden butterflies, I push him away by poking my index finger at his chest. "I'm serious, dude. You need to rest, you just got discharged yesterday."

"I really missed you." He winks, gazing at me with bright emotions. "And besides," he turns a little to lean his upper body on the lockers and tilting his head to my side, "I am perfectly fine. These kinds of injuries don't stand a chance against me, darling."

I facepalm. "You will never listen to anyone at all."

"There's only one person I listen to. That's you." His face moves right infront of my own and I jump. I inwardly shiver as I see something swirling in his eyes. It's something dark and it makes me stay but run away too.

I chuckle nervously. I want to tell him to stop getting too close because my weak heart can't handle it. "Right. As if. Anyways let's go. We're gonna be late for class."

°•°•°•°•°•°

I come out of my class to find Zayan leaning against the wall outside, engrossed in his phone. I smile. He must he waiting for me.

As I approach him, I notice something on his right ear. It's an earring. A small silver round earring with the letter Z carved in it.

"I never noticed you wore earrings." I comment, making him look up from his phone.

Subconsciously, his hand goes up to touch it. "Oh yeah. I always do. I had lost it recently in my room but thankfully I found it." He raises his eyebrows. "Do you like it?"

"The earring or how it looks on you?" I smirk. "Because I have different answers for both."

He shakes his head, chuckling. "You're the number one reason of my ego being hurt constantly." He sticks out his tongue. "Meanie."

I flip my hair dramatically. We walk towards the next class when I spot my three best friends. They look at me and Zayan and make their way towards us, might I add, with sour faces.

"Hey, Insha. You didn't come to Noorie's locker in the morning," is the first thing Manal states when they reach us. All three of them are trying to ignore Zayan's existence but I catch the occasional side eyes and looks of distate being thrown in between.

Oh shit. Right. I was supposed to meet up with them at Noora's locker as usuala but then I found Zayan in college.

"Oh yeah, sorry about that." I apologize with an uneasy smile.

"Let's go now, we both have Psychology next." Noora says as she grabs my arm.

I sneak a look at Zayan and he looks at all of us awkwardly. "Guys, Zayan is here too." I whisper to them discreetly.

Manal's eyes turn sharp. "We can see him here, Insha. He's just not worthy enough to be acknowledged." She sassily looks at her nails. "Just my opinion."

Girl.

My wide eyes look at Zayan and my breath catches in my throat as I feel his anger coming up.